You’ll love these Avocado Fries
– Who knew Fried Avocado would be so good?
Today is day 1 of the Blogging from A-Z Challenge, and I chose Avocado Fries with an awesome aioli sauce to dip them in.
There are so many delicious foods that start with the letter A – Asparagus, Apples, Ambrosia – but this was an easy one for me. Avocado. I could eat Avocado every single day for the rest of my life and never tire of it. Never. I absolutely love the little fruits. Since I had already done Asparagus Fries on my blog, I thought I might get creative and try it with other veggies. Next up – Avocado. And I did. And I am not sorry. They. Were. Amazing. In fact, I was seriously unsure about how good they’d be, but there is no doubt now – who knew fried avocado would be so amazing.
Two of my kids dubbed them their very favorite snacks ever. That just made my whole day. They couldn’t believe that avocado fries would be so good.
Keeping with the A theme, I paired the Avocado fries with a Garlic Lime Chili Aioli sauce – amazing!
It was the perfect dip for the Avocado fries and just made them even better. I did not think that was possible.
- 2 avocados, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 2 eggs
- 1½ C. milk
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- A spoonful of flour (see directions)
- 3 tsp. of Red Pepper or Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- olive oil (EVOO was my oil of choice)
- ¾ c. mayonnaise
- 3 Tbs. minced garlic
- 2½ Tbs. lime juice
- ¾ tsp. chili seasoning (we also sometimes use taco seasoning)
- You should mix up the Aioli sauce first, so that it is ready when you’re ready to eat these little babies.
- Fill a skillet with oil until about ¼-1/2? full. Heat on med-high until a drop if water causes the oil to sizzle.
- Slice the avocados into approximate ¼” slices.
- In one bowl, whisk together your eggs, the milk and the Worcestershire sauce. Add a spoonful or two of flour. You’re looking for a smooth consistency but with a little hold. (this helps when dipping everything). I usually start with about a tablespoon and then add about a ½ tablespoon more. Honestly, I’ve found that a single tablespoon is not always enough.
- In another bowl, combine the rest of your flour, pepper and red pepper or chili powder – you choose which way you want it. We actually used red pepper. Mix it all together.
- Now, take each slice of Avocado, dip it into the egg mixture and then the flour mixture, then back into the egg mixture then a final dredge through the flour mixture. Set them on a plate until you have them all ready to go into the oil.
- When they are ready and the oil is ready, drop them into the oil carefully. Try to space them out so they are not touching. Fry for about a minute until you see the sides begin to get golden brown, and then flip them over and continue for another minute or so.
- Remove them to a paper towel. Allow to cool a bit and then dig in!
- Mix mayonnaise, garlic, lime juice and chili seasoning in a bowl or in the blender. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving to allow the flavors to marry. Serve on the side of the avocado fries or with any other kind of food.
Have you ever tried Avocado Fries? What is your favorite veggie?
Previous A-Z Entries:
- A – Avocado Fries with Garlic Lime Chili Aioli
- B – Bacon Popcorn
- C – Chicken Kiev with a Twist
- D – Basil Dip
- E – Real Chocolate Eclair Cupcakes
- F – Melted Brie and Bacon on Grilled Flatbread
- G – Grilled Creamy Parmesan Tilapia
- H – Spicy Jack Bacon Jalapeno Hamburgers
- I – Italian Beef Risotto
- J – Easy Jalapeno Poppers
- K – Kiwi Tropical Smoothie
- L – Creamy Pesto Linguine with Shrimp
- M – Nutella Breakfast Muffins
- N – Grilled Nutella Croissants
- O – Olive Deviled Eggs
- P – Ciabatta Bread Bacon Pizza
- Q –
- R – Crockpot Ranch Chicken
- S – Strawberry Shortcake with Strawberry Whipped Cream
- T –
- U – Ugli Fruit Smoothie
- V – Old School From Scratch Velveeta Macaroni & Cheese
- W – Watermelon Pudding
- X – Xavier Steaks
- Y – I cheated here and did an award I won ….
- Z – Zesty Roasted Chicken and Potato Dinner