Avocado Fries with Garlic Lime Chili Aioli

Avocado Fries with Garlic Lime Chili Aioli

You’ll love these Avocado Fries

- Who knew Fried Avocado would be so good?

Today is day 1 of the Blogging from A-Z Challenge, and I chose Avocado Fries with an awesome aioli sauce to dip them in.

There are so many delicious foods that start with the letter A – Asparagus, Apples, Ambrosia – but this was an easy one for me. Avocado. I could eat Avocado every single day for the rest of my life and never tire of it. Never. I absolutely love the little fruits. Since I had already done Asparagus Fries on my blog, I thought I might get creative and try it with other veggies. Next up – Avocado. And I did. And I am not sorry. They. Were. Amazing. In fact, I was seriously unsure about how good they’d be, but there is no doubt now – who knew fried avocado would be so amazing.

Two of my kids dubbed them their very favorite snacks ever. That just made my whole day. They couldn’t believe that avocado fries would be so good.

Keeping with the A theme, I paired the Avocado fries with a Garlic Lime Chili Aioli sauce – amazing!

It was the perfect dip for the Avocado fries and just made them even better. I did not think that was possible.

Avocado Fries with Garlic Lime Chili Aioli

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Fried Avocado’s. Is there anything better in life? Paired with an amazing Garlic Chili Lime Aioli Dip. Can’t beat it!
Author:
Recipe type: Appetizer
Cuisine: American
Serves: 4-6 servings
Ingredients
For the Fries:
  • 2 avocados, sliced into ¼ inch slices
  • 2 eggs
  • 1½ C. milk
  • 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
  • A spoonful of flour (see directions)
  • 3 tsp. of Red Pepper or Chili Powder
  • ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
  • 2 c. all purpose flour
  • olive oil (EVOO was my oil of choice)
For the Aioli:
  • ¾ c. mayonnaise
  • 3 Tbs. minced garlic
  • 2½ Tbs. lime juice
  • ¾ tsp. chili seasoning (we also sometimes use taco seasoning)
Instructions
  1. You should mix up the Aioli sauce first, so that it is ready when you’re ready to eat these little babies.
  2. Fill a skillet with oil until about ¼-1/2″ full. Heat on med-high until a drop if water causes the oil to sizzle.
  3. Slice the avocados into approximate ¼” slices.
  4. %http://dailydishrecipes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Avocado-Fries-001-300x199.jpg
  5. In one bowl, whisk together your eggs, the milk and the Worcestershire sauce. Add a spoonful or two of flour. You’re looking for a smooth consistency but with a little hold. (this helps when dipping everything). I usually start with about a tablespoon and then add about a ½ tablespoon more. Honestly, I’ve found that a single tablespoon is not always enough.
  6. In another bowl, combine the rest of your flour, pepper and red pepper or chili powder – you choose which way you want it. We actually used red pepper. Mix it all together.
  7. Now, take each slice of Avocado, dip it into the egg mixture and then the flour mixture, then back into the egg mixture then a final dredge through the flour mixture. Set them on a plate until you have them all ready to go into the oil.
  8. When they are ready and the oil is ready, drop them into the oil carefully. Try to space them out so they are not touching. Fry for about a minute until you see the sides begin to get golden brown, and then flip them over and continue for another minute or so.
  9. %http://dailydishrecipes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Avocado-Fries-004-300x199.jpg
  10. Remove them to a paper towel. Allow to cool a bit and then dig in!
For the Aioli:
  1. Mix mayonnaise, garlic, lime juice and chili seasoning in a bowl or in the blender. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving to allow the flavors to marry. Serve on the side of the avocado fries or with any other kind of food.

Avocado Fries with Garlic Lime Chili Aioli

Have you ever tried Avocado Fries? What is your favorite veggie?

Previous A-Z Entries:

[WPADP_BOX id=1]

Comments

1. says

Jen I can’t wait to see yours. They turned out delicious and I just love the idea of baking/frying veggies to make my kids eat more of them. haha
    Avocados are heaven to me. And I had to giggle at your homemade ranch comment. I absolutely bet they are, I’ll need to do that. (have some sitting in the fridge patiently waiting for something to pair with – I’m making these again today so guess what I’m trying) ;)

2. says

Those look absolutely delish! I never thought of deep frying avocado. Hmmmm…. something new to try.
    It’s great to see you are taking part in a monthly writing challenge too. I’ve booked marked you and I will follow along. Looking forward to your posts!

• says

Trish they are pretty amazing. I don’t know why I decided to do it when I did it, but it sounded heavenly and I thought, well – I love asparagus fries so why not use other veggies I love. I’m glad I did. I’m glad you’re following along – the A-Z challenge has been fun so far – can’t wait to show off more of the goodies I made this month. See ya soon!

3. says

OMG — now you’ve gone and done it . . . made me actually salivate. ~and I admit to it even though that sounds a bit odd~ Wow, I loved trying asparagus tempura fries and the new A-Fries sound even more tempting. I love the step by step photos and descriptions, as always, Nicole. Wonderful and thank you for creating another delicious dish.

• says

Do you feel the hugs coming across all the miles between us? You always make me smile and say the nicest things to me – you’re so supportive. How did I get so lucky to get to call you a friend? I hope you enjoy these if you decide to try them and give the fur babies a hug from me.

• says

Thank you so much. If you try them, please do let me know what you think. We’re making them again this evening, I am pre-warning you – they are absolutely addicting. I crave them all the time now. haha

4. Redawna Kalynchuk says

Oy my. I must try these. They are going to be amazing!
    Luckily I have everything on hand to have them tonight!

5. Simone L Woods Author says

What a great idea. i’ve never seen them before. I love the aioli too. Will make and enjoy these definitely!

6. Wendy - SJerzGirl says

I’m not a fan of avocado, but I might just be temped to try these. I know for sure I’d love the Asparagus fries if you did them the same way!! Can’t wait to see more from you during the challenge.

• says

I’m so sorry you don’t like Avocado. That is so hard for me to imagine since I love it so much, but don’t worry – there is plenty in the foodie world I’ll never get on board with either – Brussels Sprouts are one of them. I’ll post my new improved Asparagus fries soon – probably May 1. Unless I collapse from blogging blow out before then. ;)

7. says

I’ll be honest, I’ve been staring hungrily at these fries since you first posted them. Had to calm down a bit before commenting :)

Can’t think of much better than a fried avocado.

8. says

Looks delicious, and your blog is gorgeous! I’m on the hunt for vegetarian recipes for my husband and I who are not vegetarians. I don’t eat much fried food but I can make an exception for fried avocado.

9. Essiac Tea says

I always try to make and eat different-different recipe from around the globe and your blog have some best delicious recipes so I will try to make and taste some of them specially this one.

10. Claire says

Definitely an interesting idea – I love avocados but have never thought about frying them. Will have to give this a try, along with many of your other fantastic recipes.

11. says

Oh em gee. These looks freaking fantastic! I came by because of the Blogging from A to Z challenge so I really ought to be commenting on your pizza post, but I don’t eat bacon so…

However, I love avacado and I’ve never even imagined of having them like this before. I’m totally printing this page out and see these in my near future LOL

12. Dear Creatives says

I might have to try these sometime. I don’t usually eat fried foods, but I might make an exception for these. I remember having fried artichoke hearts as a kid & loving them. Might try that too. Thanks for the follow on twitter & Look forward to visiting again. Drop by anytime @ DearCreatives.

13. says

Nicole, I would have NEVER thought of making these myself, so thank you so much for sharing. I love avocado too, and this sounds exactly like my kind of snack. Can you be my mom, too? I don’t need much taking care of, only feeding! I think your kids may have been spoiled by your amazing food too much already ;)

I’ll have to try and hunt down some avocado to try this (it’s not cheap here in Korea) but I shall persevere. These look to good not to try.

14. says

Hi Nicole,
    I saw your link in AtoZ challenge, the dish looks fantastic. I’m going to trying for sure as I love avodacos. I would just say that normally I prepare my own alioli (I’m spanish and alioli is like milk for us ;) ), the taste is better than when you buy a ready-made mayonnaise