We love these wonderful Asparagus Brie & Ham Crostini and you will too.
Spring has arrived… somewhat. Two days ago I was standing at a funeral, shivering and wrapped in a blanket with layers, and yesterday I was in shorts and a t-shirt and actually felt hot all day long. Now, today I am in sweats and socks and we’re expecting a huge snow storm. I am not even sure how this happens, but thus is the joy of living in St. Louis in the Spring. We are expected to have an accumulation of 6-11″ so we will see what happens. I cannot believe it was so warm yesterday and this is what today will bring.
At any rate, what I love about Spring (and Easter) are the beautiful, soft colors associated with the time of year. When I’m preparing a meal for Easter, I try to keep the palette soft but Spring like. We started making these Asparagus, Brie and Ham Crostini’s a few years back for Easter and they have become somewhat of a tradition. They fit the color palette, everyone loves them and they are just the perfect little Spring appetizer.
The kids are not fond of brie cheese, though I don’t get why since it’s my favorite cheese in the world and they should like it just because I do. *smile* We usually make the crostini’s with half brie cheese and then the other half of them with Mozzarella. So you can of course, do whatever you prefer. Either way they are delish!
This week’s #SundaySupper recipes are for Easter and Passover and there is quite the line up of wonderfully delicious recipes to make and share with your family and friends. Be sure and check out the other recipes below.
Asparagus, Brie & Ham Crostini
Tender Asparagus under delicious, flavorful deli ham, wrapped in melted brie. All sitting atop a toasted piece of french baguette. Delicious!
- French Bread Baguette, sliced into 1/2" slices
- Fresh asparagus spears, cut into 2" pieces
- Thinly sliced deli ham cut into strips
- Brie cheese, cut into 1/4" slices
- Olive oil
- On a pan, place the asparagus pieces and drizzle them with olive oil. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and toss to coat. Bake at 425 degrees for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Brush each of your baguette slices with a little olive oil. If you want them really toasted, broil them for about 2 minutes on each side.
- If not, simple stack the asparagus spears on top of the bread. Then add the ham and then top with the cheese.
- Put in the oven and broil for about 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove and serve.
I did want to take a moment if you made it this far in my post, to thank those of you who stopped by my blog or my facebook page over the past few days to offer your condolences over our loss. We so thank you all for your prayers, your thoughts and your wonderful words. This has been a hard few days, but I’m ready to face the healing process. Saying “goodbye for now” is just not that easy, but know God’s got this… and that’s enough for me.
- How To Color Easter Eggs Naturally from Shockingly Delicious
Breakfast, Breads, and Buns
- Bunny Rabbit Bread from In The Kitchen With Audrey and Maurene
- Easter Brunch Creme Brulee Baked Oatmeal from In The Kitchen With KP
- from My Cute Bride
- Jamaican Easter Spice Bun from The Lovely Pantry
- Paska – Ukranian Easter Bread from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Portuguese Easter Bread | Folar de Pascoa from Family Foodie
- Resurrection Rolls from Neighbor Food
Appetizers and Sides
- Asparagus, Brie & Ham Crostini from Daily Dish Recipes
- French Gratin Potatoes (Dauphinoise) from Simply Gourmet
- Lemon Glazed Carrots from Curious Cuisiniere
- Not So Deviled Eggs from Country Girl in the Village
- Orange Raisin Couscous from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Potato and Leek Gratin from Webicurean
- Spinach Spaetzle (Spinat Spaetzle) from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Roast Leg of Lamb with Garlic and Rosemary from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- from The Meltaways
- Sicilian “Enchiladas” from The Cooking Actress
- from Masala Herb
- Bunny-Approved Baked Easter Doughnuts from The Weekend Gourmet
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake from Chocolate Moosey
- Carrots in Dirt from The Urban Mrs
- Coconut and M&M’s Cookie from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Coconut Cake with Coconut Buttercream from Juanita’s Cocina
- Coconut Cupcakes from Magnolia Days
- Cream Cheese Candies from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Easter Egg Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easter Simnel Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Exotic Walnut Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- from Gourmet Drizzles
- from Ninja Baking
- Nutella Easter Egg Candy from The Messy Baker
- Old-Fashioned Peanut Rolled Eggs from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Painted Sugar Cookies from Ruffles and Truffles
- Strawberry Bundt Cake from Basic N Delicious
- Apple and Cranberry Charoset from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Flourless Chocolate Torte from Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Moroccan Haroset from MarocMama
- from YinMom YangMom
Wine Pairing Recommendations for #SundaySupper Religious Feasts from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday, March 24 to talk all about Easter and Passover recipes! We’ll tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the#SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and food photos.