Do you have a sombrero? No? Me either, but I wish I did this week so I could stick it on my head and be a bit more festive for this week’s #SundaySupper event. I’m so excited that Heather from girlichef is hosting this week and her event centers around Día de Independencia, or Mexican Independence Day. What a fun event to celebrate – grab the salsa and chips and a big ‘ole Margarita (and that Sombrero I’m wishing I had) and we’re almost ready.
Wait, almost? Yes almost. Because when you see the amazing line up of recipes for this Mexican Fiesta event, you’ll understand that the food is an integral part. In fact, the whole #SundaySupper team has been taunting me for the past few days posting spoiler pics for some amazing recipes that are coming right up.
I chose an easy 7 Layer Dip for today because, well, who really doesn’t love a good layer dip? And besides, isn’t it pretty? I just like staring at it. It’s so inviting. It’s calling to me. In fact, I’m seriously wondering if we have any more chips left because … dude I’m suddenly hungry…
I have a little confession – I already have a layer dip on my blog. It’s a 5 layer dip. It’s a 5 layer clean eating dip. So if you’re into clean eating, you’ll probably love it. It’s pretty great actually. But… it’s not as flavorful as the 7 Layer Dip. Oh, and the 7 Layer Dip? Totally NOT clean eating. Totally amazingly good though so don’t worry about that. And kinda not 7 layers technically because I totally use a delicious Pico De Gallo to combine the Tomatoes, Jalapenos and Onions. Yum!
- 1 can of refried beans
- 1 cup of Pico De Gallo
- 3 avocados, diced
- 1 16 ounce container of sour cream
- 1 packet of taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup of shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 can of black olives, sliced
- Select a thin dish (pie plates work perfectly).
- Pour the taco seasoning mix into the sour cream and blend well.
- Layer the ingredients in the bottom of the pie plate in the order they appear in the recipe.
- If you double or triple the recipe, you can use a big trifle bowl like I did.
- Serve & Enjoy!
I hope you’ll join us around the family table this week for our #SundaySupper Mexican Fiesta – this is a party that you won’t want to miss. We hope to inspire you with these mouthwatering recipes from our talented contributors. We will be sharing them all day long and would love for you to share your favorite Mexican and Mexican-inspired recipes during ourIsabel mentioned something about a Mexican Hat Dance, but I’m not making any promises! Come join us!at 7pm (Eastern).
Be sure to check out all the great Mexican Cuisine we’re sharing:
Sopas (Soups), Ensaladas (Salads), and Entremeses (Starters)
- Chicken Tortilla Soup – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- – Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Jalapeño Popper Dip – Chocolate Moosey
- Vegan Tortilla Soup – Galactosemia in PDX
- Texas Caviar – Ruffles and Truffles
- Cheese-Stuffed Jalapeños w/ a Tequila Sunrise – Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Mexican 7 Layer Dip & Chips – The Daily Dish Recipes
- Stoplight Salsa Reisipe – Family Foodie
- Tortilla Soup with Roasted Vegetables – Diabetic Foodie
- Mini Taco Salads – Big Bear’s Wife
La Comida (the food)
- Fiesta en tu Boca Enchiladas (Chicken & White Bean Enchiladas w/ Salsa Verde) – The Hand That Rocks the Ladle
- Gluten-Free Chicken Spinach Artichoke Enchiladas for #SundaySupper – Cooking Underwriter
- Mexican Fiesta for #SundaySupper: Chipotle Chicken & 3 Bean Quesadillas w/ Wasabi Guacamole and Mango Salsa – Chattering Kitchen
- Carnitas – My Catholic Kitchen
- Tamale Pie – Noshing with the Nolands
- – The Meltaways
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Black Bean and Corn Salsa – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Carne Asada – Magnolia Days
- Carnitas Avocado Pizza with Chipotle Avocado Mayonnaise Drizzle – Damn Delicious
- Frijoles Charros (Cowboy Beans) – La Cocina de Leslie
- Puerco Pibil – girlichef
- BLT Quesadillas with Avocado Mayo – Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chile Rellenos with Roasted Tomato Sauce – Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Tamales with Green Chili Sauce – Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Beef and Vegetable Enchiladas – Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Chicken Con Queso – Momma’s Meals
- Baked Flautas – Home Cooking Memories
- Chunky Aztec Chocolate Granola – What Smells So Good?
- Street Tacos Al Pastor – Sustainable Dad
- Shrimp Tacos – Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Chile Relleno with Ranchero Sauce – The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Zippy Chipotle Shrimp & Mango Tostadas – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Pork Tacos – Tora’s Real Food
- Stuffed Sopapillas – Juanita’s Cocina
- Chicken Fajitas – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Blue Crab Tacos – Pescetarian Journal
- Huevos Rancheros – Comfy Cuisine
- Chocolate Cinnamon Flan – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Caramel Apple Enchiladas for a Mexican Fiesta #SundaySupper – In the Kitchen with KP
- Chilli Chocolate Truffles – Happy Baking Days
- Horchata Ice Cream & Churro Brownies – Kwistin’s Favorites
- Strawberry Empanadas – In the Kitchen with Audrey and Maureen
- Plantain Fritters – From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Fried Cinnamon Sugar Tortillas – The Watering Mouth
- Beer Margaritas – That Skinny Chick can bake
- Hatch Chile Margarita – Shockingly Delicious
- Skinny & Spicy Watermelon Margaritas – I Run for Wine
- Refreshing Kiwi Lime Margarita – Mama Mommy Mom
- Wine Pairings for a Mexican Fiesta #SundaySupper – ENOFYLZ
You ready to come join us for our Mexican Fiesta? Can’t wait to see you there!