A cold tropical beverage with a small twist, this Grilled Spiced Blue Hawaiian Cocktail uses grilled pineapple turned into the juice for the cocktail. Delicious!
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BBQWeek. I received product samples from sponsors to use in creating #BBQWeek recipes. However, all opinions are mine alone.
This Special Blue Hawaiian Cocktail recipe is intended for individuals ages 21 & up. Please drink responsibly.
Welcome to Day 3 of BBQ Week. I can’t believe it’s halfway through. Such a FUN event, because who isn’t thinking about grilling all the things. I am. Are you?
It’s summer for the most part, hot and humid. So fun! BBQ grills are heating up all over our neighborhood. We can smell them every day.
It’s time for some cocktails! How about a Grilled Spiced Blue Hawaiian Cocktail? What makes it grilled? Well, we grilled the pineapple for the juice in the cocktail before juicing it.
But if you don’t want to take those steps, that’s ok, we made some without too, you can simply make the cocktail and top it with a grilled piece of pineapple. So grilled pineapple in some form is what really makes this spiced Blue Hawaiian Cocktail.
For me a cocktail sort of completes my whole BBQ experience, and a Grilled Spiced Blue Hawaiian Cocktail is the perfect addition. Fruity, tropical and refreshing. A wonderful blend of coconut and pineapple just screams summer, don’t you think?
And the color looks like the bluest ocean water. I made this Twisted Blue Hawaiian Smoothie about 5 years ago on the blog. It was a favorite for awhile, because I love frozen drinks, most especially frozen cocktails. They are such a fun way to cool down.
But sometimes it’s just easier to whip up a cocktail fast and be sipping away moments later.
I can do that with this Grilled Spiced Blue Hawaiian Cocktail.
See what the bloggers served up Wednesday for #BBQWeek
- Cherry Chipotle Bourbon Baked Beans by Cookaholic Wife
- Charred Corn Salsa by The Freshman Cook
- Cherry Chipotle Grilled Pork Tenderloin by Tip Garden
- Everything Bagel Pasta Salad by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Asparagus Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Chicken Tikki Tacos by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Grilled Nam Prik Shrimp Skewers by 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Grilled Stuffed Meatballs with Pineapple Sauce by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Real Hawaiian Macaroni Salad by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Jersey Style Hot Dogs by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Peppercorn Blue Cheese Burgers with Cherry Sauce by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Seasoned Barbecue Butter Shrimp Skewers by Family Around the Table
- Sweet & Spicy Tangerine Shrimp & Pineapple Kabobs by Books n’ Cooks
Ready to make this Grilled Spiced Blue Hawaiian Cocktail?
If you’re not, I am! haha There’s a printable version of the recipe below, so snag your copy now!
This recipe is intended for individuals ages 21 & up. Please drink responsibly.
Grilled Spiced Blue Hawaiian Cocktail
- 1 part coconut rum
- 1 part spiced rum
- 1 part Blue Curacao
- 2 parts pineapple juice grill fresh pineapple and juice if desired
- These are typically served in a Hurricane Glass. Fill with ice. Add each part. Stir gently.
- Garnish with grilled pineapple and Maraschnio Cherries.
- Sip and Enjoy Responsibly!