Better than plain old traditional peanut brittle, this Chocolate Peanut Butter Peanut Brittle is a combination of favorite flavors and is a fun twist on classic brittle.
Today we are celebrating peanut butter. Why?
Because today, March 1, 2020 is National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day! YUM!
I took it a step further though, and I’m celebrating the uniting of two favorite flavors with peanut butter and chocolate.
I made this Chocolate Peanut Butter Peanut Brittle to share with you today. And you’ll be so glad I did.
Basically this is a really unique twist on a classic.
Combining peanut butter and chocolate into a delicious crunchy brittle seems like a no-brainer.
It is one of our favorite brittle recipes – super easy and absolutely soooo good.
Tools you need for Chocolate Peanut Butter Peanut Brittle:
Tips for making this brittle:
- Don’t use a silicone or plastic spoon. It’s just too hot for either of these to work well. Nothing beats a good wooden spoon for the constant stirring and when it gets thick its easier to really push around in there with no fear of melting or breaking.
- Make sure your candy thermometer is high quality so you don’t over cook the mixture.
- Watch mixture like a hawk. It takes a bit to get to 300 degrees (results may vary) but once it approaches, it often happens fast.
- Don’t stop mixing for even a few seconds or you risk the chance of burning the mixture which isn’t as hard to do as you’d think.
- Use caution in every step. This mixture gets HOT and could cause major burns!
You don’t need a lot of ingredients to make this.
It also doesn’t matter if you use high quality or store brand ingredients.
Both of these additions seriously add a lot of flavor!
Check out the other awesome Peanut Butter Recipes!
Peanut Butter Lovers Day
Pin this to make later or to share with friends and family!
Make this delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Peanut Brittle
Nicole Cook is the owner/editor of Daily Dish Recipes, a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on food/cooking/cocktails and much more.
She calls the Midwest home – Missouri to be exact. Coffee is her go-to drink, music is her vice and she is endlessly tethered with devices to her online world. She loves all things planner, lives for her great big family and loves her pets endlessly!
Her motto in life: Live Simply, Dream Big, Be Grateful, Give Love, Laugh Lots. Always, always laugh lots.