Today is Group B’s reveal day for Secret Recipe Club and one of the ladies experienced a flood recently. She needed someone to take the blog she was assigned, so when Suzanne asked, of course I quickly jumped in. I can’t explain why I love taking extra’s throughout the month, but it is always fun getting a blog and finding something super yummy to make. Plus it keeps my blog active. So if you ever wondered why I did it, it’s because I can usually take someone at the drop of a hat, and I might not have had an idea for something that day, and now I do.
Having been through a flood myself several years back, I feel terrible for the lady (not sure who you are, but I am SO sorry, that is not fun. I hope you didn’t lose too much) and I wanted to take on her blog to alleviate the stress. The blog she was assigned was Wendy’s blog La Phemme Phoodie, who I am very familiar with due to another group we’re in and was excited about the prospect of making something! Wendy is a lawyer by day and a food fanatic by night (and on weekends in case you were wondering). She is currently working hard to co-produce TECHmunch Philly this fall. Learn more about Wendy here.
Her blog is full of scrumptious food and amazing photography. Sorry I probably didn’t do these photos justice, because her’s are so amazing. No kidding. Check her out.
When I looked through her blog, I decided on the Pumpkin Nutella Pound Cake immediately. I had everything I needed already and didn’t have to run to the store. Except when I started gathering the ingredients when I was ready to make it, I quickly discovered that the kids had eaten the TWO jars of Nutella we had in the cabinet and hadn’t said anything. So I found myself without Nutella. What to do, what to do. The grocery store is literally behind my house and in 15 minutes flat my kids can walk there, get what I need and be home. Except – they aren’t home and I’m not dressed and well, I have Biscoff Spread. Surely that will work, right? And it did! And it was amazing, and the kids all took a slice the next day for lunch, and had another after school and now it’s gone, but I plan to make more. Biscoff Spread is amazing. I’m just saying.
Here is the awesome recipe for Pumpkin Biscoff (or Nutella) Pound Cake
Pumpkin Biscoff (or Nutella) Pound Cake
The lovely flavor combination in this cake is the perfect start to Fall. Whether you use Biscoff Spread or Nutella, it’s delicious either way!
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup regular sour cream
- 1/2 cup Biscoff Spread (or Nutella, you choose)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg (she mentions you can cut this back to 1/2 but we put the full amount in and I'm glad we did!)
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar and cream together.
- Add the sour cream, the Biscoff Spread (or Nutella) and the canned pumpkin. Blend.
- In a separate bowl, sift the baking soda, the cake flour, the cinnamon and the nutmeg.
- While mixing, add the sifted dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture alternating with the eggs, beating each one in one at a time.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Using a spatula, pour the mixture into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
Have you ever tried Biscoff? Are you wondering what Biscoff is? Learn more at Biscoff.com