Roast Beef? Check. Bacon? Check. Creamy Melty Cheese? Check. Olive Oil Grilled Sandwich Bread? Check.
This lunch is a favorite around here and is ridiculously easy, even though it tastes like a gourmet sandwich shop landed in your kitchen. These are also great for dinner and we will often serve them with a fresh tossed salad or a pasta or potato salad. So good!
I mean, super amazing, I could eat them all day long and never tire of their delicious roast beef flavor. Though, I’m pretty sure that’s just because there’s bacon, roast beef and bacon…but bacon … and well, really… who can resist bacon? And gooey white cheese? And…. okay I’ll just move on with the recipe because all I am doing is making myself hungry. And now I want a grilled roast beef and bacon club sandwich. Do you?
Grilled Roast Beef and Bacon Club Sandwich
- 1 pound of deli roast beef, thinly sliced
- 8 pieces of bread, we use regular old sandwich bread, but you can mix it up with ciabatta, french or even Italian.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 ounces of white cheese – this goes really well with Havarti, what we used, Provolone or Mozzarella
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh green onions or fresh chives
- 12 slices of bacon, cooked
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat your griddle or a large pan on the stove over medium heat. Brush each slice of bread with olive oil on one side. Place 4 of the slices down in the pan.
- Begin building your sandwich. Place a piece of cheese on each of those 4 slices. Add the fresh chopped green onions or chives and some pepper on top of each slice of cheese.
- Add about 4 ounces of the roast beef on top of that per slice of bread, and 3 piece of cooked bacon. With the remaining pieces of bread, on the side opposite the olive oil, spread a thin layer of mayonnaise and place mayo side down on top of the roast beef and bacon.
- Grill sandwich about 3-5 minutes per side. You want the bread to be crisp and the cheese to be melted.
- Slice each sandwich in half and serve with a fresh salad.
- *Note: Sometimes we even add avocado slices to this – so good!
Look at that yummy-ness. That bacon, that roast beef and all that melty cheese. Yum!
There is nothing I love more than grilled sandwiches for a quick, but hearty lunch. This grilled roast beef and bacon sandwich is special in that it tastes so much like a gourmet deli sandwich from somewhere special.