Are you ready for game day?
It’s right around the corner!
What time is it now?
Time for Sunday Supper Big Game Day Party Recipes! That’s what time it is!
But don’t just save these for game day, because that would be an honest shame! These are great ANYTIME! And for any get together. And you can make as many or as few as you want!
I’m not the biggest sports nut, as I’m sure you’ve heard me go on about before. But I am a foodie and an excuse for fun and delicious food, is a reason for me to celebrate. These Philly Cheesesteak Sliders are some of our favorites. Dripping with beefy gravy and gooey cheese, they are NOT neat, but they are more than delicious! These may be more like the knife and fork slider, but hey, I’m not going to care if you get gravy and cheese all over your hands and then lick it all off. It’s that incredible! (and I won’t tell anyone you did it, I promise!) These are actually pretty easy to make, and require only a few easy ingredients – slider rolls, thinly sliced steak, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, cheese and gravy. You can use any spices or seasonings you want. Any cheese you want. We are from St. Louis, so we chose Provel cheese which is a wonderfully smokey, smooth and buttery cheese that is very popular on our St. Louis style pizza. But you can use Mozarella or Provolone or Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack or …. you get the point. Make it your own! (scroll to the bottom of the post for the recipe!)
Appetizers and Sides
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Wholistic Woman
- Avocado Egg Rolls by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Potato Wedges by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Buttermilk Battered Chicken Wings by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Cajun Okra Fries by Food Lust People Love
- Cheddar Sausage Balls by Tramplingrose
- Cheese Board and Baguettes Make for the Start of a Great Game Day Feast by Delaware Girl Eats
- Cheesy Crabmeat Canapés by Meal Planning Magic
- Cheesy Sausage Dip by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Chicken Fajita Nachos by Sweet Mornings
- Chipotle-Ranch Chicken Wings by Casa de Crews
- Corn Dog Muffins by Noshing With The Nolands
- Crock-Pot Bean Dip by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Deep Fried Pimento Cheese and Celery Bites by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Dill Pickle Dip by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fish Taquitos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Asian Sweet Chili Wings by Flippin’ Delicious
- Healthy Guacamole Recipe by Real Food Real Deals
- Hogs in a blanket by Cooking on the Ranch
- Hot Pork Roll and Cheese Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Nacho Waffle Fries by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Patatas Pobres for a Crowd by Lydia’s Flexitarian Kitchen
- Pepperoni Pizza Bites by Family Foodie
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by Daily Dish Recipes
- Pimento Cheese-Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Rajas by Pook’s Pantry
- Roasted Broccoli Artichoke Dip by Cooking Chat
- Slow Cooker Thai Wings by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Smoky Blender Salsa by What Smells So Good?
- Southwestern Eggroll Cups by A Gouda Life
- Southwestern Flatbread and a “Design Your Own Flatbread” Table by The Freshman Cook
- Spicy Szechuan Shrimp Lettuce Cups by Palatable Pastime
- Sweet and Spicy Hummus by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Texas Caviar by Books n’ Cooks
- Tex-Mex Egg Rolls by Cookin’ Mimi
- Thai Beef Taco Bites by Brunch-n-Bites
- Three Cheese Macaroni Bites by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders With Tangy Warm Cabbage Slaw by Taste And See
- Buffalo Chicken Chili by Monica’s Table
- Cheeseburger Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Cheesy Cheesesteaks by Family Around The Table
- Emeril’s Chicken and Andouille Gumbo by The Texan New Yorker
- Game Day Chili by Our Good Life
- Handy Beef Buns by Get the Good Stuff
- Lahmacun – Turkish flatbread by Caroline’s Cooking
- New Jersey Sloppy Joe by kimchi MOM
- Pizza Pasta Bake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork Italiano Sandwich by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Puerto Rican Pernil (Garlic Roast Pork) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ree’s Philly Cheesesteaks by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Cheese Bombers by Kitchen Gidget
- Spicy Tuna Croquette Sliders with Avocado Pesto by The Crumby Cupcake
Desserts and Drinks
- Chocolate Football Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix by Pies and Plots
- Game Day Mocktails by Beauty and the Beets
- Gluten Free Football Potato Candy by Gluten Free Crumbley
- S’more Poutine by Desserts Required
- Super Duper Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn by Only Taste Matters
- Plus Big Game Party Recipes plus Sausage and Peppers Over Cheesy Grits by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- 12 Slider buns, halved
- 1 1/2 lbs. thinly sliced Certified Angus Beef steaks (best flavor!)
- 12 slices of cheese (or equivalent)
- 3-4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup of mushrooms, slice and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup brown beef gravy
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Remove the thinly sliced Certified Angust beef steaks from the refrigerator 10 minutes before you are ready to cook them. Pat them dry.
- Sprinkle them lightly with some salt and pepper on each side.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the surface of the pan and coat.
- Place steaks into the pan. Fry for 30 to 60 seconds. Carefully flip the steaks over and sear the other side for 30 to 60 seconds. Do not overcook.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and allow to rest on a plate for about 5 minutes.
- Slice the steak into thin strips and set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in same skillet you prepared steak in. Add the onion and saute for about 15 minutes. Add the pepper, garlic, mushrooms, salt & pepper, and continue cooking an additional 10 minutes.
- Add the steak back in and toss.
- Pour in the gravy and heat until hot.
- Meanwhile, remove the tops of the slider buns and place the bottoms in a 9x13 pan. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on the bottoms. Spoon the veggie, beef and gravy mixture over the mayo. Top with cheese slices or spoon shredded cheese on top. Put the tops back on.
- Brush melted butter over the top of the buns. Cover the pan with tin foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Uncover and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until tops are slightly browned and crisp.
- Serve warm.