Have you had the opportunity to try out a handheld spiralizer? They are amazing and so much fun!
I got the opportunity to try a Brieftons NextGen Spiralizer (an all new edition!) and instantly fell in love.
What makes this handheld spiralizer different than the rest?Size
The spiralizer itself is small and compact. Easily fits in a kitchen drawer for storage, yet has a new innovative cap design which allows for a deeper reach and firmer hold on vegetables. This equals up to 50% less wastage. It accommodates vegetables up to 6 1/2 centimeters in diameter. It also features a longer 7 centimeter blade which results in a longer cutting surface which equals a much shorter time to spiralize your vegetables.
4 Blade Sizes
This version comes with 4 different blades. This allows for a wider variety of uses which in my book is the key. You receive a 3, 5, 10 and 70mm width blade so you get quite a bit of variety in sizes.
The blades are removable to make cleaning easy. The lid and spiralizer unit were super simple to clean and without the blades, went right into the dishwasher with no issues. I used soapy water and the small cleaning brush that came with it free, to clean the blades.
All in all what I wound up with is a unique kitchen tool, that is easy to store, easy to clean and fun and easy to use.
I decided to give it a try with these easy garlic herb fries. I used the 5mm blade, but honestly any blade would work.
garlic herb spiralizer fries #Brieftons #review
- 2 large russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Insert a potato into the Spiralizer and spiralize both potatoes. As I said, I used the 5mm but you can use any size blade.
- In a large bowl, add all the spiralized potatoes as well as the extra virgin olive oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with the garlic powder, sea salt, rosemary and thyme. Toss again to coat.
- Spread the spiralized potatoes out in a baking sheet. Do not overcrowd the potatoes or they won't cook crispy. Use two pans if needed.
- Pop trays into oven and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and flip fries as best as possible. Continue baking another 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve hot with dipping sauce. Yum!
Have you used a spiralizer? You know you can do a lot of things with them!
Make veggie noodles, veggies fries and much more. Works great with potatoes, carrots, zucchini, sweet potatoes, even slender squash (or cut to fit) and so much more!