Welcome to a Manly Meals #SundaySupper. Today I have brought my dad’s awesome Cowboy Beef Nachos.
When I set out to pick out a recipe to post today, I got to thinking about Manly Meals. With all the fun ingredients and new foods to make, what is it that makes a manly meal?
So I asked some of the best dads I know what makes a meal perfect for them.
I got some surprising answers in many cases: “ribs”, “fried chicken”, “chili but not in a bowl, I want to dip stuff in it”
The one thing I noticed, was that men are simple creatures who just like good food. Another perk? No silverware required.
So when it came time to figure out what I wanted to share, I kept coming back to these simple Nacho’s my dad made when I was a kid. Even now, all these years later, I can still take a bite and think of him sitting there munching with me. I have no idea why he called them Cowboy Nachos. My father was far from a cowboy, but he called them that, and we knew what he meant when he said that, opposed to regular old nachos.
So today I present you Cowboy Beef Nachos.
Happy Father’s Day to all the amazing Dad’s out there, and to any mom’s who serve as dad too.
These Cowboy Beef Nachos are super easy, taste as manly as they come and are a fantastic edition to Father’s Day, Super Bowl or whenever the craving for Nacho’s hits.
Oh yeah… and No silverware required.
Cowboy Beef Nachos : Manly Meals #SundaySupper
- 1 large bags of scoop style tortilla chips
- 2 cups of shredded beef (we had leftover crockpot steak we shredded)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/4-1/2 cup jalapeno, chopped
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- When you are ready to assemble the Nacho's make sure all the ingredients are handy. It makes the process go faster and keeps the chips from getting soggy too fast.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a large ovenproof dish or platter, spread out a layer of your scoop tortilla chips and spread the shredded beef over the top, pushing some down into the cups of the scoops.
- Now, spread the black beans over the top.
- Next, add the onions, black olives, jalapenos and both cheeses.
- Place the oven proof dish or platter in the oven and bake until the cheese has melted, for us that was about about 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a heatproof surface.
- Top the nachos with a scoop of sour cream, a scoop of guacamole and a scoop of salsa or pico de gallo.
After you’re done drooling over the Cowboy Beef Nachos, be sure and check out everyone’s amazing post!!
- BBQ Chicken Nacho by Country Girl in The Kitchen
- Beer Battered Fried Mushrooms by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Burrata Bresaola and Arugula Appetizer by Family Foodie
- Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce by Hip Foodie Mom
- Chipotle Pork Belly-Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Beer-Battered Prawns with Spicy Marmalade by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Devils on Horseback by Nosh My Way
- Fried Pickles by Cookin’ Mimi
- Garlic and Herb Wine Jelly by What Smells So Good?
- Maple Sriracha Chicken Wings by Manu’s Menu
- Tomato Bacon Jam by Feed Me, Seymour
- Bacon Bourbon BBQ Burgers by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Bacon Cheeseburger Crustless Quiche by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Beef Barbacoa by Casa de Crews
- Beef Short Rib Sandwich by Life Tastes Good
- Beer Brats with Pepper Relish by Jelly Toast
- Beer Can Chicken by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chicago Style-Pizza by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Chili Dog Casserole by Simple Gourmet
- Chipotle Pork Chops by girlichef
- Coconut & Lime Grilled Shrimp Skewers by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Colossal Burger by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Lemon Pepper Wings by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Chipotle Chicken Pizza by Peaceful Cooking
- Grilled Lobster with Miso Butter by Kimchi MOM
- Grilled Sweet Guava Chicken by The Foodie Army Wife
- Ham and Pineapple Pizza Pockets by gotta get baked
- Huevos Rancheros Casserole by Pescetarian Journal
- Lacquered Short Ribs in the Slow Cooker by Shockingly Delicious
- Maple Chipotle Barbecue Pork Tenderloin by Flavor Mosaic
- Meatball Burger on Garlic Bread by Healthy.Delicious.
- Mom’s Slow Roasted Brisket by Food Lust People Love
- Perfectly Pan Seared Steak by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Pollo al Peperoncino by Run DMT
- Polish Coal Miner Piggies (Stuffed Cabbage Rolls- Golabki) by Rants from my Crazy Kitchen
- Red Chile Shredded Chicken Tacos. How to win over your man’s stomach and steal his heart. by Simply Healthy Family
- Ropa Vieja by Meal Diva
- Salt of the Earth Ribs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salisbury Steak w/ Loaded Mashed Potatoes and Mushroom Gravy by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Smoked Turkey Drumsticks by Cindy’s Recipes and Writing
- Stuffed Chipotle Bacon Cheese Burgers by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Stuffed Pork Chops by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Tex-Mex Gut Buster Chili by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Beer Funnel Cake by Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Black Forest Cake by Noshing with the Nolands
- Carob Chip Cookies by Pies and Plots
- by Ninjabaking.com
- Classic Cheesecake by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Fat Man’s Pie by Magnolia Days
- Mandarin orange cake aka southern pig pickin’ cake by Baking & Browning
- Pizookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Pound Cake Stacks with Roasted Strawberries by Melanie Makes
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie With Mascarpone Cream by La Bella Vita Cucina
Wine Pairings for Man Food #SundaySupper byENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.