Bacon Egg Muffin Cups

baconeggmuffins

Seriously, is there anything cuter, more delicious or fun for a quick breakfast? Bacon Egg Muffin Cups cover all the breakfast foods.

Reveal day for Group D in the Secret Recipe Club has arrived again and it’s time to make the big reveal.

The blog that I was assigned this month is Cooking Whims, written by Megan, who started out cooking because she had to, but later learned to love it and now would rather be in the kitchen.  Her blog is filled with all sorts of wonderful, delicious recipes to make, but if you’ve been following my {SRC} posts, I typically allow my kids to pick.

We selected some categories to stay in – one of them begin breakfast. After all 5 of them had browsed through Megan’s recipe index, had made their list of three choices, four out of five of them had this Bacon and Egg Cup recipe on their paper.

Bacon Egg Muffin Cups

That made my job much easier and so we decided to go with this one. When we first made it, I was surprised by  how simple it was. From start to finish, we’re talking about twenty minutes, and that’s perfect for breakfast.

How can you resist those cute little bacon egg muffin cups? I love the little bacon cups, with the toast bottoms and the eggs are made better with the cheese and a little herbs and seasoning. Seriously these Bacon Egg Muffin Cups are one of our favorite breakfast items ever. We make them all the time now.

5.0 from 1 reviews
Bacon and Egg Muffin Cups

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Easy, delicious and perfect for any breakfast! Bacon and Egg Muffins Cups are a sure family favorite!
Author:
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: American
Serves: 12 Breakfast Cups
Ingredients
  • 6 slices of bread
  • 12 eggs
  • 12 slices of bacon
  • shredded cheese
Instructions
  1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Heat a skillet on medium-high heat, cook the bacon and only allow it to cook for about 4-5 minutes. You are looking for flexible but not raw. While the bacon is cooking, cut two circles out of each slice of bread. I used a circle cookie cutter to make it easier.
  3. Now take that extra bread and either save it for [french toast casserole|http://dailydishrecipes.com/overnight-french-toast-casserole-recipe/] or go tear it apart and feed it to the birds {what we did}.
  4. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Next, lay a circle of bread into the bottom of each muffin cup. Wrap the bacon around the edge of each muffin cup. (I did this part backwards – we did the cheese before the bacon – it made absolutely no difference) Sprinkle cheese on top of the bread slices.
  5. Now carefully, crack an egg into each cup. Megan suggested cracking the egg carefully into a bowl first and then sliding it into the muffin cup. I just did it right into the pan.
  6. Bake them for 10-15 minutes or until the whites have set and the yolk is cooked to your liking (less for a runny yolk, more for a cooked yolk)
  7. Serve with pancakes and fresh fruit – well, we did. And by the way, you cannot eat just one. I don’t care what anyone says, you can’t. It’s impossible.
Nutrition Information
Serving size: 1 Breakfast Cup

Here a few fun photos.

Bacon Egg Muffin Cups

Shredded Cheese for Bacon Egg Muffin Cups

bacon egg muffin breakfast cups

Bacon cups with Shredded Cheese for Bacon Egg Muffin Cups

egg and bacon breakfast muffin cups

Egg and Bacon Muffin Cups

As you can see, we sprinkled some seasoning on the top for some extra flavor, but you can do whatever you want. You could also add it to the shredded cheese layer if you want. We also sprinkled a tiny bit of garlic powder on top of the bread before we sprinkled the cheese (like garlic bread) for added flavor. The ideas are limitless.

Secret Recipe Participants: What did you make for the Secret Recipe club this month?

Curious: Have you ever used a muffin pan to make something other than muffins? Tell me about it in the comments below.
I also made these in a muffin pan for another {SRC} reveal… I am highly addicted to things that can be made in a muffin tin, obviously.

Comments

1. says

Oh Megan, they were absolutely AMAZING. Definitely a go to now for fun and special breakfasts. I’m with you – bacon makes every day better – a philosophy I guess I am teaching my kids at an early age. haha Thank you so much for a GREAT blog and awesome recipes!

2. says

You have no idea how much I want these right now. I made egg – prosciutto cups last year, and these blow them away by miles! Great SRC choice!

3. says

Stopping by from Group B!!! This is going to be tomorrow’s breakfast. It looks spectacular and I had only imagine how good it tasted.

4. says

Oh Nicole these are making my mouth water as I type!! I’m so trying these asap! I could live on bacon and I know my husband would love them!! What is this SRC you speak of? Sounds fun!! Happy Tuesday my friend!

5. Rituparna says

OMG! Those look delicious! what an amazing Sunday morning breakfast those would make. I make cheesecakes in muffins pans.

6. says

Congrats on being the “popular kid”. Beautiful photo and the eggs look like they are cooked perfectly. I’m gonna pin this for later since we always are looking for a new egg recipe with all of the eggs in our house.

7. Char says

I am a single woman, but absolutely love brownies. I would eat the whole batch if made in a regular pan . . . sooooo, I make them in a muffin pan, eat one right away, save one for the tomorrow, and then individually freeze the rest of them so they don’t dry out or go bad. I always make mine into almond joy brownies though by adding a handful each of shredded coconut and sliced almonds. That makes them oh so chewy!

8. Char says

Oh . . . by the way, I can’t wait for my grandkids to come the next time as these yummy looking bacon & egg muffin cups will surely be a hit with them.

• Karen says

Char, what is the recipe for the brownies in a muffin pan? I saw on Nicole’s comment. What is your web site? Thank You, Karen

• says

It helps keep everything from falling out, plus it ads some great flavor.
      I have tried with and without and I prefer with… obviously you can modify a recipe to fit your own needs. Hope you enjoy!

• Dena says

You mentioned preparing these with or without the bread….try shredded hash browns on the bottom, followed by a pinch of mild cheddar shred topped with the egg…Delicious!!

9. Karen says

My husband wanted to go out for breakfast (eggs benedict). I didn’t really want to go. I remembered this recipe and decided to make it instead. Loved it!!!!! Just watch the time for baking if you want a runny yolk. Very easy and so delicious. And by the way, the husband liked it. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• says

Hi Courtney, there isn’t any seasoning that goes into these unless you want to add some salt and pepper. If you are referring to the photos above, I sprinkled a little dried oregano on them for some color for the photos. :)

10. Susan says

I roll my meatloaf into balls and put them in muffin pans. I push my thumb into the middle of them to help hold the topping (ketchup, BBQ sauce, steak sauce ect.) then cook them in the oven. It makes the perfect serving size and you can customize the topping to your family’s preference. Note: If you plan to freeze them, cook them without the topping then freeze. Thaw, add topping, and reheat in the oven.

11. jakomos says

five stars for easy and most fulfilling. we’ve made these a few times and i googled my way here to reference temp and baking time. ive never put the cheese on the bottom, before. i would cook halfway and put the cheese on the top and cook the other half. i like this recipe idea better because it allows me to add herbs or sea salt or tony’s to the top. great idea and thanks for the share.

12. Jake says

I make meatloaf in muffin tins, too- cooks quickly and makes for the perfect serving sizes. I make a brown sugar, chili sauce, vinegar mixture to pour into a dent on top and occasional wrap in bacon as you described here (par cooking it). If you use metal muffing cups, clean up is simple!

13. Sue joyce says

Yes I have. I made French toast and baked the slices in a muffin pan. They come out like cups and are somewhat stiff. Filled them with berries (raspberries and blueberries) and poured maple syrup over the whole thing. Very yummy!

14. Angel Kramer says

Just made these for the fun of it being a bacon recipe and OMG loved them and so did everyone else….. will make again and get creative even more. with this recipe i sprinkled crisp bacon on top. SOOOOOO YUMMMMMYYYY!!!! Thanks for the post.