Welcome to Christmas Cookies Week! Today I am sharing these fun Loaded Festive Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies to kick off the week.
So what is Christmas Cookies week?
A week full of awesome Christmas Cookie Recipes from some extremely talented bloggers who are ready to share the Holiday Cheer! I took a look at our line up this week and man, there are some cookies I cannot WAIT to try and then some twists on some classics that look perfect for our cookie table this year! So join us in our week long event and there’s even a giveaway which you can enter down below!
Today I have brought a fun Loaded Festive Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookie! We love these cookies anytime, but when you set out to use red and green M&M’s you wind up with a really simple, yet very fun and festive Chocolate Chip Cookie that looks great on your holiday cookie table!
It all starts with a big bowl full of all kinds of chippity goodness. Regular Chocolate chips, Dark Chocolate Chips, Butterscotch Chips, White Chocolate Chips and of course the festive Red & Green M&M’s! If you’d like even more flavorful goodness, simply add some nuts of choice as well! A Loaded Festive Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookie goes great with a tall glass of cold milk or a warm mug of hot chocolate. Either way, you’re going to want to make these.
I use a mini ice cream scoop to get the perfect size each time and allows the cookies to be all the same size and cook evenly.
I loved how festive they already looked all scooped onto the parchment paper and ready to go in the oven. I started with this cookie because it looks the most like Christmas to me.
Pop ’em right into the oven and bake for about 8-10 (sometimes need just a single minute longer but DO NOT OVERBAKE!) minutes. They come out looking ready to devour! Perfectly soft, moist and not a bit dry. So much flavor in each bite from the delicious additions. They are so soft and stay that way for a few days, although ours never last that long.
Loaded Festive Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies
Who’s ready for some Loaded Festive Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies? A soft cookie loaded with chippity goodness that not only tastes incredible, but also looks festive and fun on your holiday table!
Loaded Festive Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies
Who's ready for some Loaded Festive Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies? A soft cookie loaded with chippity goodness that not only tastes incredible, but also looks festive and fun on your holiday table!
- 1 cup of salted butter melted
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Nielsen-Massey Pure Vanilla
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup red and green M&Ms
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips you can substitute peanut butter if you prefer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt your butter just until melted. In other words, don't over melt it, but make sure it's melted completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, white and brown sugar until creamy and smooth. Add the vanilla extract. Beat again. Add the eggs, beat on low speed just until incorporated for about 15-20 seconds. Do not OVERBEAT!
- Sift in the flour, baking soda and the salt. Mix together until the mixture becomes kind of crumbly. Mold it all together into an actual dough. If it feels too wet, add a tablespoon or two of flour until you get it to the right consistency. You don't want it to actually stick to your hands but you don't want so much flour it dries the cookie out.
- Using your hands, gently mix in all the different chips and M&M's.
- Use a mini or regular ice cream scoop and scoop the dough onto parchment lined cookie pans.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes until the cookies are all puffed up. They should barely be getting any kind of color to them, meaning they will still be puffy and pale looking.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 30 minutes. Serve.
Nielsen-Massey Fine Vanillas & Flavors is giving one winner a set of their pure flavors: 2-oz each of Orange, Lemon, Peppermint, Almond, Chocolate, Coffee, Rose Water, and Orange Blossom Water.
Nielsen-Massey Vanillas has been crafting the world’s finest vanillas and flavors since 1907. Each of Nielsen-Massey’s all-nature pure flavors are crafted with premium ingredients, sourced from around the world and chosen to meet the utmost quality standards. From lemon to peppermint to coffee or chocolate, Nielsen-Massey’s pure flavors offer convenience, quality and consistency to ensure your favorite recipes taste delicious every single time. All products are gluten-free, allergen-free, GMO-free, all-natural and Kosher.
They are my favorite to use and I think you will love them too!
Don’t forget to check out the rest of today’s awesome Christmas cookie recipe lineup!
- Alfajores (dulce de leche sandwich cookies) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Candy Cane Tassies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Crystallized Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love and Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Dutch Speculaas Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Sugar Cookies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Empire Cookies by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Gingerbread Gooey Butter Cookies by Making Miracles
- Gingerbread Men Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Graham Cracker Chocolate Chip Cookies by Books n Cooks
- Holiday Sugar Sprinkle Butter Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Italian Rainbow Cookies by Everyday Eileen
- Loaded Festive Chocolate Chip Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Makrut Macaroons by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mocha filled Sandwich Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Oatmeal Raisin Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pecan Caramel Turtle Bars by Tip Garden
- Pepparkakor (Swedish Ginger Cookies) by The Redhead Baker
- Peppermint Candy Canes by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Peppermint Crinkle Cookies by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Peppermint Macarons by House of Nash Eats
- Peppermint Mocha Shortbread Cookies by Cooking with Carlee
- Peppermint Shortbreads by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pistachio Wedding Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Raspberry Filled Coconut Snowflakes by Making The Most of Naptime
- Raspberry Thumbprint cookies by Simple And Savory
- Rum Logs by Corn, Beans Pigs and Kids
- Vanilla Bean Pizzelles by Love and Confections
- White Chocolate Dipped Ginger Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box