It’s Game Day! And there is no shortage of great food on any given game day. I am not a sports girl, I am not even a football fan. If you’ve been reading my blog for any length of time, you’d know I’m not much of a sports fan to begin with. So why am I excited about the super bowl? Or any game day for that matter?
I go for the food! haha And the friendship and fun. But mostly the food.
This year I am heading to a friends for the Super Bowl, and I’m taking along a big batch of these I made up this morning. I know they will be a hit!
These Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins are the perfect addition to any game day fare! And they are super easy, can be changed up in so many ways and are bite size which makes them even better! Plus they have avocado. And avocado (or guacamole) might just be my one weakness. I can eat avocado daily and never tire of it!
I will warn you. Make lots of these. They go super fast! I’ve made huge platters of them before and within 15 minutes of setting them down, they were gone! I always prepare some extra potatoes ahead of time so it’s not too hard to whip up another big batch. Even the guys love these, so be prepared.
- 12 Yellow Baby Potatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- ¼ cup of Pancetta, roughly chopped
- 1 cup of your favorite guacamole
- ½ cup shredded mexican cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean the whole potatoes, dry and rub olive oil around them.
- Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes or until you can press gently and feel they are tender.
- Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool until you can handle them.
- Slice them in half, lengthwise and scoop out the flesh. Don’t scoop it all out, you need “walls” to hold the potatoes up. I use a melon baller and run it through once to get a small amount. Save the extra potato in a bowl and make some mashed potatoes! Yum!
- Place each of the cut potatoes back on the baking sheet, with the flesh side facing up. Rub olive oil across the tops.
- Chop the Pancetta… and allow to crisp in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Fill each of the potato skins with a little bit of pancetta, then some shredded cheese. Pop them back into the oven for about 5-10 minutes, just until the cheese is melted.
- Remove and allow to cool just a bit.
- Top each potato skin with a dollop of guacamole, sprinkle the top with shredded cheese, onions or even more pancetta.
Check out this week’s FANTASTIC Game Day Eats!
Game Day Appetizers:
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Crunch from Shockingly Delicious
- Salt and Vinegar Wings from Casa de Crews
- Saucy Wings and Thighs from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Macaroni and Cheese Spring Rolls from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Steak Rolls from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Alpine Sliders from Manu’s Menu
- Hellfire Wings from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Easy Nacho Bar from Momma’s Meals
- Jalapeno Popper Taquitos from Curious Cuisiniere
- Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins from Daily Dish Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Cups from Alida’s Kitchen
- Spinach-Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers from La Cocina de Leslie
- BBQ Veggie Mini Burgers from Happy Baking Days
- Spicy Roasted Corn Shrimp Dip from Food Lust People Love
- Honey-Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket from Hip Foodie Mom
- Beer Cheese Fondue from Melanie Makes
- Cheesy Artichoke and Garlic Bread from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizza Bites from Meal Planning Magic
- Personal Chili Pots from MealDiva
- Italian Spring Rolls from Noshing with The Nolands
- Mexican Meatballs with Queso Blanco from Cooking on the Ranch
- Parmigiano Crisps from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mediterranean Nachos from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Chinese Barbecue Wings from girlichef
- Mini Veggie Quesadillas from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Tomato Hummus from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cashew Baba Ghanoush : Roasted Eggplant Dip from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Potato Skins from Family Foodie
- Lemon Bay Pan Roasted Shrimp from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Honey Sesame Seed Crackers from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
Game Day Entrees:
- Super Sloppy Joes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Buffalo Chicken Chili from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Meatball and Mozzarella Sandwiches from Cookin’ Mimi
- Super Bowl Bento from Ninja Baking
- Vegetarian “Chorizo” and Black Bean Chili from Foxes Love Lemons
- Twice Baked Chili Cheese Potatoes from Neighborfood
- Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Easy Vegetarian Chili from Delaware Girl Eats
- Game Day Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Dr. Pepper Turkey Chili from The Texan New Yorker
Game Day Desserts:
- Heavenly Hash Cookies from The Foodie Patootie
- Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Streusel Bars from Magnolia Days
- Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares from Desserts Required
- Microwave Caramel Popcorn from Pies and Plots
- Mini Coconut Cups from Basic N Delicious
- Triple Chocolate S’mores Brownies from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Cracker Jack Candy from What Smells So Good?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.