Homemade Fruit Irish Cream Soda? Yes please!
It has once again turned unseasonably warm and I find myself thirsty constantly. I get tired of water. Fast. So do my kids, to be honest. Wonder where they got that from? On those days, we make up a delicious Creamy Homemade Fruit Irish Cream Soda.
I’ve been making this Irish Cream Soda recipe (no idea how Irish they actually are, but they did come from a friend I met on the Internet in 1998 that is Irish) since my kids were quite little and now they are teenagers and can make this themselves, and they do.
This creamy, delicious drink is one we make often, and we use all kinds of fruits. In fact, I am thinking that almost any fruit would work because the fruit is only for the syrup. Here I am showing you a Homemade Strawberry Cream Soda, Banana Cream Soda, Raspberry Cream Soda and Blueberry Cream Soda, but we have also used peaches, oranges, lemons, limes and blackberries. So yummy!
Oh, and did I happen to mention that they are really easy?
- To Make Homemade Fruit Syrup:
- 1½ – 2 cups of your fruit
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 cup of warm water
- For the Sodas:
- Homemade Fruit Syrup
- Club Soda or Carbonated Water
- Cream (we used half and half)
- To Make Homemade Fruit Syrup: In a pan on the stove top on high, add 1 cup of warm water and 1 cup of sugar and stir them together. Add the fruit and bring it to a boil. Boil for about a minute and then turn down to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Strain the liquid and discard the fruit. Allow the syrup to cool completely before using. Can be stored in the fridge in sealed jar for about 2 weeks.
- You now have your homemade fruit syrup which can be added to all kinds of things, but for this we are going to use it for creamy delicious Irish sodas.
- For the Sodas: Fill your glass to the top with ice. Pour 4 Tablespoons of the fruit syrup in over the ice. Add the carbonated water or club soda filling it about ¾ full. Now add a splash or more of the cream. To be honest, it goes a long way.
- Stir when you’re ready to drink and voila!
Delicious, fruity, creamy goodness. I find myself craving these all the time.
I hope your family enjoys these as much as ours does!