This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyBrothersSalsa #CollectiveBias
With holiday time upon us, there are two things I am constantly looking for. First, gift ideas, because I hate getting the same old thing for people every year. I like to find things that “fit” them and that are unique and different. I’m also looking for creative holiday recipes, because much like gifts, I like my recipes to have a unique twist.I also like to play with gourmet items to take a recipe just a step higher than it would have been on it’s own. Recently, I hopped into Sams Club, because I love browsing their holiday aisle for interesting and unique gourmet items to give as gifts AND to cook with and play with in the kitchen. I hit the jackpot.
It was pretty instantly that I found this wonderful 4-pack of My Brother’s Salsa. I instantly saw the potential for both of my goals. I found it in the holiday aisle at our local Sams Club. And I came home with 6 of them.
First, you can only get this awesome specialty 4-pack gift set at Sams Club for a limited time. However, it is also available at Walmart, Harris Teeter, Whole Foods and The Fresh Market amongst many other stores. Be sure and check the store locator for a store near you. Also, you won’t be able to find a Sams Club on the store locator since it’s a specialty product and only for a limited time there. All you need to do then, is call My Brother’s Salsa Customer Service and an amazing person will help you (thank you Clayton!) and will look for the Sams Club stores closest to that have the specialty 4-pack, which you know you want to grab. (come on, you know you do!)
There are so many things I love about this salsa, but I want to first start with the company. It’s women-owned, and started as a tiny little thing that quickly grew from one salsa recipe to nine varieties and what it is today. Amazing story you can find on the website, and while you’re there, be sure and check out their awesome recipe section to get inspired in the kitchen. Oh did I mention, the jars each have a recipe idea on them? And further, the specialty 4-pack comes with four additional recipes. My Brother’s Salsa also takes great pride in all natural ingredients, which is important, and makes a big difference in taste and flavor!
The specialty 4-pack of salsa’s is an awesome gift idea. First, it has that uniqueness that I love so much in a gift. It’s an easy solution, comes pre-wrapped and even has a gift tag on top!
Now, let’s get to a fun and easy recipe to make with some of the delicious Salsa.
I went for the Fire Roasted because well, it’s spicy and it’s cold outside and I wanted a little heat in my breakfast. This is not just a breakfast or brunch recipe though. At the very last minute we threw in some Salmon, but you could also make this great bowl for dinner and throw in some ham, shrimp, chicken or beef too!
Fire Roasted Salsa, Rice and Egg Breakfast Bowl #MyBrothersSalsa @SamsClub #Ad
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 large or jumbo eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup Fire Roasted My Brother's Salsa (any kind will do and you can add more or use less, depending on flavor and spiciness preference)
- 2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
- Assemble all your ingredients.
- In a large skillet on the stove, melt butter over medium heat.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture into the hot skillet with melted butter.
- Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Taking a spatula, begin pulling the egg mixture across the pan forming soft pieces of scrambled egg.
- Keep cooking and pulling, lifting and folding the eggs until you recognize scrambled eggs and no liquid egg is visible at all. Remove from heat and set aside a moment.
- In a small pot on the stove, heat the water on medium high heat.
- Add the salsa and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the rice.
- Stir together, cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand for five minutes, fluff with a fork.
- When ready to serve, spoon rice and salsa mixture onto a plate or into a bowl. Top with scrambled eggs.
- Add anything else you'd like. Cooked ham, beef, shrimp, salmon, chicken, cheese and fresh herbs.