Welcome to Spooky Treats week!
This week, my sweet friend Pam over at Blueberries and Blessings and I are hosting Spooky Treats Week. When she approached me, at first I was excited, then I had a total… crud moment. I don’t do spooky, or even cute Halloween treats anymore.
My kids are all grown up, and are teenagers and so now their treats at this time of year revolve around fun ingredients rather than cool (or Spooky) Halloween treats. So after I confirmed with Pam, that any old Fall treat would do, I got some teenagers involved in helping me decide what would be a great treat for the kick off.
So this is what we made, because the teenagers…. they love these!
Easy Pumpkin Parfaits with Greek Yogurt
Be sure and check back all week long, both on Pam’s blog and my blog, for delicious treats that are perfect for this time of year.
We chose to use greek yogurt in ours, but these could easily be made with plain yogurt too, so you change up what you like and what you don’t like. We also chose to use graham crackers for these, but you could use oats, granola, etc. Super tasty, super delicious and easy to make. In fact, I rarely make these anymore, the kids usually make them for me!
- 2 cups vanilla greek yogurt, divided in half
- 2 Tablespoons of pumpkin puree (not pie filling!)
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, divided in half
- ¾ cup of crumbled graham crackers, oats, granola, etc.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of the vanilla greek yogurt with the pumpkin puree and ¼ teaspoon of the pumpkin pie spice.
- In another small bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup of vanilla greek yogurt with the other ¼ teaspoon of the pumpkin spice.
- To serve, in a small glass, layer the vanilla yogurt, then the graham crackers (or whatever you decided to use) then the pumpkin yogurt, then another layer of the graham crackers and then top both glasses with remaining vanilla yogurt.
- Depending on the size of the glass used, you could maybe get three out of this.
- Goes great paired with some fresh cut up banana slices.
Make sure you check back tomorrow here and over at Blueberries and Blessings for more sweet treats, goulish goodies and sweet Halloween treats!
Have you had pumpkin parfaits before? What’s your favorite way to make them?
What’s your favorite Halloween treat? Leave a link if you have it!