Welcome to the First Day of the 12 Days of Sweet Eats and Holiday Treats!
This brand new holiday linky party begins today and is being hosted by Nicole (me!) at Daily Dish Recipes (here!), Micha over at Cooking Mimi and Pam over at Blueberries and Blessings. These two gals are the bomb and I consider them two of my closest online friends.
I actually met Micha online many years ago when we were participating in a SITS Girls challenge together to grow our blogs, this was even pre-Triberr days which for me means at least 3 years ago! We became fast friends and have been wanting to do something like this at holiday time for years. I’m so excited this is the year and I’m hoping we have many more. Sorry it took me so long Micha! 🙂
Pam and I have known each other for about 2 years because of #SundaySupper (which now Micha is in too!). I’ve recovered her previous blog several times from the big bad viscious virus monsters and through that our friendship grew stronger (lots of phone calls!) Our friendship grew and we were able to finally meet face to face in July 2013 at the Food and Wine Conference, which was awesome. Pam and I did a Halloween theme together this year and when I asked Micha if I could bring her in, Micha agreed whole heartedly and so here we all are.
Please be sure to check out Micha and Pam’s recipes this week too! ALSO this is a linky party, so we are open to you joining us too. In fact, we would love it if you would add your Sweet Eats and Holiday Treats anytime during the 12 days we are posting. (closing the 19th). We will happily share your posts and give you some love too!
Let’s get down to business. For the First Day of Sweet Eats & Holiday Treats I made Candy Cane Peppermint Puppy Chow.
This stuff is goooooooood.
It’s addicting. Like crack. I think. I don’t actually know because I’ve never done crack. But still …. you’ll be amazed.
It’s like those chips, you can’t eat just one. You just keep reaching for more.
And yes I did crush real candy canes in there. You’re welcome.
Let’s make some Candy Cane Peppermint Puppy Chow!
Candy Cane Peppermint Puppy Chow #SweetEatsHolidayTreats
Candy Cane Peppermint Puppy Chow is the perfect holiday snack! Serve it at your next party, you'll be glad you did.
- 5 cups Chex cereal (rice or corn are my faves)
- 10 ounces of Andes Peppermint Baking Chips (or ANY peppermint flavored baking chips)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 large candy canes, crushed
- Melt the Andes Peppermint Baking Chips in the microwave in a large glass bowl in 20-30 second intervals on half power, stirring between each interval until full melted.
- Pour the Chex Cereal into the bowl and stir and fold the cereal and melted baking chips until fully coated.
- In a large zip top baggie, pour in the powdered sugar and the crushed candy canes.
- Pour in the coated chex cereal.
- Seal the baggie and shake vigorously until all the cereal is coated with the sugar and candy canes.
- We store ours in the bag, but if you plan to store differently, it keeps up to 2 weeks in a sealed container at room temperature.
Don’t forget to link up your own fun Sweet Eats and Holiday Treats. Anything goes… share holiday decorations, projects, crafts, DIY and of course, recipes. Link up below and be sure to check back tomorrow for another fabulous holiday recipe. Also please don’t forget to go check out Pam and Micha too!