It’s been an interesting week at our house, and I was quite happy to see the weekend. Just busy mostly, but another big milestone was hit in our house this weekend. My mini me (Brie’s Bites), Brielle has entered into her first serious relationship. Caught us a bit by surprise but he came home with her on Thursday after school, and … well, we like him. A lot.
He has to get through impressing seven people in this house, plus another boyfriend who is part of our family on a regular basis and he won us all over. That’s not easy to do. At all.
I thought I wasn’t prepared for this. And I was so incredibly afraid I wasn’t going to like him. And I was so afraid she was going to get her heart broken and be disappointed, but instead, things are going beautifully and she’s the happiest I have ever seen her before in my life.
Today is Being Thankful #SundaySupper and this week I have felt blessed and thankful many times. For many reasons.
I am always thankful for my family, my children, my mother and father, brother and family. My pets too. I am thankful for my friends, my business, my life.
But right now, I am most thankful for Mason giving my happy, beautiful daughter back. She’s been so wonderful and pleasant to be around and well, she’s a teenager so that’s not always the case. I’m so extremely thankful she is happy and it’s a wonderful thing to say.
I hope all my American friends have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with their families and friends, and that all those who celebrate Hannukah also have a wonderful start to their holiday season.
I will leave you with an adorable picture of the cute couple. Happy Sunday!
Baked Caramel Apple Cider Donuts
Baked Spiced Apple Cider Donuts, so soft and wonderfully flavorful, drenched in caramel sauce. Top with some crushed nuts if you'd like a little crunch.
For the Donuts
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 4 Tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the Caramel Topping
- 1 1/2 cup caramel candy squares (like Brach's)
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray your donut pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients: the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the maple syrup, apple cider, oil and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined... the dough will be thick.
- Spoon the batter into a piping bag or a plastic baggie with the corner snipped and pipe the dough into the prepared donut pans. Fill each space to about ¾ full.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until donuts springs back when gently pressed. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely before adding icing/caramel topping.
For the Caramel Topping:
- In a microwaveable bowl, add caramels & milk. Heat for 1 minute. Remove and stir. Heat an additional 30 seconds, stir and then repeat at 30 second intervals until fully melted.
- With a spoon drizzle caramel over the donuts or just kinda slather it on like I did. 🙂
FIRST COURSE / APPETIZERS
- Harvest Soup from Bea of The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Horseradish Cranberry & Herbed Cheese Bites from Jen of Juanita’s Cocina
- Savory Rosemary Baklava with Brie from Christie of A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
SAVORY BREADS + STUFFING
- Cloverleaf Rolls from Micha of Cookin’ Mimi
- Freeze and Bake Buttermilk Biscuits from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Picnic Roll from Linda of The Urban Mrs
- Raspberry and Brie Crescent Rolls from Karen of In The Kitchen With KP
- Cornbread Stuffing with Chorizo and Craisins from Isabel at Family Foodie
- Easy Gluten-Free Corn “Bread” Stuffing from Laura at Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Eggless Herb and Garlic Fresh Pasta from Sarah at What Smells So Good?
- Honey Orange Turkey Breast from Cindy at Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Brussels Sprout Latkes from Susan atThe Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cheesey Scalloped Potatoes from Shaina at Take A Bite Out Of Boca
- Cornucopia Sweet Potato Barley Salad from Wendy at The Weekend Gourmet
- from Alaiyo at Pescetarian Journal
- Fried Smashed Potatoes from Renee at Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Grandpa’s Simple Stuffing from Bobbi at Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Green Beans with Pecans and Cranberries from Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Honey and Cinnamon Glazed Sweet Potatoes from Jennifer at Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Italian American Turkey Dressing from Anne at Webicurean
- Loaded Mashed Potato Bake from Lori at Foxes Love Lemons
- Maple Sweet Potatoes with Browned Butter Pecan Topping from Brianne at Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Mushroom and Barley Casserole with Bacon, Gruyere and Spinach from Heather at Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Blue Cheese from Sarah at Curious Cuisiniere
DESSERTS + SWEET BREADS
- Almond Brioche Sticky Buns from Alice at Hip Foodie Mom
- Baked Caramel Apple Cider Donuts from Nicole at Daily Dish Recipes
- Black Bottom Banana Cream Pie from Cheryl at Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Blue Ribbon Meyer Lemon Mascarpone Cheesecake from Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious
- Bourbon Pecan Pie from Julie at The Texan New Yorker
- Chocolate Moussecake from Liz at That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Rolls from Conni at The Foodie Army Wife
- Gingered Butternut Squash Tart from Renee of Magnolia Days
- Hanukkah Lemon Star Cookies from Shannon at Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Manischewitz, Cranberry Double Holiday Donuts from Kim at Ninja Baking
- Mini Maple Sweet Potato Tarts from Holly at Mess Makes Food
- Mini Pumpkin Pies from Nichole at Casa de Crews
- Mom’s Custard Pie from Courtney at Neighborfood
- No Bake Pumpkin Spiced Cheesecake from Tammi of Momma’s Meals
- Plum and Blackberry Crumble from Katy at Happy Baking Days
- Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake from Heather at girlichef
- Salted Butterscotch Pudding from Jane at Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie from Laura at Pies and Plots
- Sweet Potato Pecan Gingersnap Pie from Paula at Vintage Kitchen Notes
All American Wine Pairing Guide for Being Thankful #SundaySupper from Martin at ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.