Happy Valentine’s Day!
Ha! Okay I’m a few days early, but it’s totally worth it to bring you this delicious White Queso Mac and Cheese for Two recipe. The Sunday Supper team is bringing you fantastic recipes for two, today in honor of Valentine’s Day. You can find a lunch, dinner, snack or dessert to serve your sweetheart this February 14!
This creamy, decadent, cheesy pasta is a favorite around our house, whether I’m whipping up a batch for two, or for the entire family. It’s also great as a side dish paired with almost anything, but for Valentine’s Day? Whip it up as a side dish with a steak and salad and you have a wonderful, complete meal that will melt your Valentine’s heart.
Did I mention it was easy? It really is. And it’s all done on the stovetop which is where I always get my creamiest, cheesiest mac and cheese!
Also, once you check out the recipe, be sure to scroll down and see the AWESOME line up of #SundaySupper Recipes for Two our team has brought you today!
- 1 cup uncooked elbow pasta
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 12 ounces white American cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup milk
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the canola oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Toss in the finely chopped onion, finely chopped red bell pepper and the finely chopped jalapeño. Saute for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are soft.
- Lower the heat to medium-low.
- Add a little of both cheeses to the pan and add about ¼ cup of the milk.
- Whisk until the cheese is completely melted.
- Mix in the rest of the milk and whisk until smooth and melted.
- If you'd like your sauce a bit thinner, add more milk until you get the right consistency.
- Pour the Queso Cheese Sauce over the macaroni and serve immediately!
The Sunday Supper Team presents Recipes for Two
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Ricotta from Casa de Crews
- Kumquat Vanilla Marmalade from Shockingly Delicious
- Southwestern Meatballs wrapped in Bacon from Momma’s Meals
- from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Bacon Crusted Beer Mac and Cheese from Melanie Makes
- Baked Crab Cakes with Lemongrass-Ginger Mayo from The Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Pasta with Sausage and Fontina from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- from It’s Yummi!
- Chicken and Mushroom Alfredo from Cookin’ Mimi
- Drunken Snow Crabs from Family Foodie
- Eggs in Purgatory from Noshing with the Nolands
- from MealDiva
- Homemade Philly Cheesesteak Stromboli from In The Kitchen With KP
- Meyer Lemon Butter Sauce Prawns with Linguine from Food Lust People Love
- Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon-Basil Beurre Blanc, Pancetta, Apples and Fennel from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pan-Seared Scallops with Linguine and Tomato-Cream Sauce from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagna for Two from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Salmon Pakoras from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Swiss Fondue for Two from Curious Cuisiniere
- White Queso Mac and Cheese for Two from Daily Dish Recipes
Decadent Desserts and Drinks:
- Baked Custard from Magnolia Days
- Cherry Spritzer Ice Cream Float from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Budino with Strawberry Hearts from Manu’s Menu
- Chocolate Malt Bread Pudding from Alida’s Kitchen
- Chocolate Marshmallow Duets from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Pots de Crème from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fresh Berry Parfait with Crème Anglaise from Hip Foodie Mom
- Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies with Raspberry Sauce from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Funfetti Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- German Rose Water Sugar Cookies For Two from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Gluten Free Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gluten-Free Deep Dish Hot Fudge Brownies for Two from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ice Cream Stuffed Crepes with Nutella and Fresh Berries from Neighborfood
- Malawian Mbatata Cookies with Coconut Cream from Happy Baking Days
- Orange-scented Bread Pudding with Hard Sauce for Two from girlichef
- Pecan-Crusted Coconut Custards with Brandied Banana Sauce from The Texan New Yorker
- Pistachio Pudding For Two (From Scratch) from Chocolate Moosey
- 3 Japanese-Style Treats for Your Sweet from Ninja Baking
- Valentine’s Cupcakes with a Surprise from From the Bookshelf
- White Hot Chocolate from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.