School is back in officially back in session. We’re on our second week. With all the teens activities and then my own projects and work, I feel like I’m pulled twenty directions and I hardly have time to take a breath. Let alone cook a healthy meal. This means I have to find quick and easy ways to put a healthy, yet hearty meal on the table for 5 busy teenagers. It’s not always easy.
In the meantime, my garden is overflowing and vegetables are pouring in at a rapid rate. I can’t keep up and my refrigerator reflects that. On the second night of school, I thought maybe I’d use up whatever I could get into a meal. This actually meant using up a whole bunch of tomatoes, two zucchini, and half an onion. We made a salad to go with it, just so I could use up some more and then whipped up a homemade salad dressing which is coming to the blog soon.
For now, I hope you enjoy this easy meal, that is perfect for a great #weekdaysupper!
- 16oz. uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup of sliced zucchini (1 lg. or 2 sm.)
- 2 cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup of chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- ¼ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- ¼ cup of pesto
- 2 cups sliced cooked chicken
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the pasta as directed on the package.
- Meanwhile while the pasta is boiling, toss the slices of zucchini and sliced tomatoes with the olive oil on a baking sheet; season with some salt and pepper. Roast the vegetables until tender, about 20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting and the pasta is boiling, in a large bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, sour cream and pesto. Drain pasta. Add pasta and chicken to Parmesan mixture; toss to coat. Add roasted vegetables when done and toss again, gently to coat.
Don’t forget to check out all the other awesome #weekdaysupper meals this week!
Monday – The Weekend Gourmet - Easy Cheesy-Chicken Enchiladas
Tuesday – The Foodie Army Wife – Creamy Farfalle with Peas & Carrots
Wednesday – Doggie At The Dinner Table – After Work Chicken Stir Fry
Thursday – Daily Dish Recipes – Roasted Vegetable and Chicken Pesto Penne
Friday – Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks - Baked Orange Chicken