I wanted something new and festive or fun for our New Years brunch this year and so I created this Mimosa Cream Cheese Spread.
I really wasn’t sure how it would turn out, since the champagne syrup I made was originally for frosting and not cream cheese but I hoped it would have the same results, and it did.
It was actually fabulous. The flavor of the champagne and the orange really came through. I was so pleased.
And let me just tell you how terrific this Mimosa Cream Cheese Spread is on homemade bagels. Or toast. Or pretty much anything because I have to secretly admit I even smeared some on a waffle. haha It was actually really good.
- 1 cup of champagne
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of Champagne Syrup
- ¼ cup of orange juice (I actually used ¼ cup of freshly squeezed orange)
- Zest of ½ an orange
- 8 oz. block of cream cheese
- In a small pan on the stove, add 1 cup of champagne and 1 cup of sugar and stir them together. Bring to a boil and boil for about a minute and then turn down to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Allow the syrup to cool completely before using. Can be stored in the fridge in a sealed jar for about 2 weeks. Add to cakes, frosting, smoothies, drinks, etc.
- In a mixing bowl, add the block of cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of the champagne syrup, the orange juice and the orange zest. Blend together for about 2-4 minutes until completely blended. Chill for 1 hour before use.
- Use on bagels, toast, waffles, whatever you want!
I used a tiny bit of food coloring to create the orange tint. It was a huge hit and we will definitely be making it again. Again and again. And again.
I used this awesome homemade bagel recipe.