Who doesn’t love a good baked spaghetti recipe? And this is just such a recipe! Plus, I adore Paula Deen, and well, this is an adaption of one of her great recipes!
I love cookbooks. I have a ridiculous amount of cookbooks. I almost never follow a recipe fully and I’m always substituting or adding my own twist to every meal we make from a recipe. However, my over flowing bookshelf of cookbooks needed a little dusting off and when Tina madea recipe from our favorite cookbook, I knew it was time. The problem is, which cookbook. It took me days to decide which cookbook I wanted to use, and then another week to decide which recipe. I’m a little addicted to Taste of Home, but I might also equally be addicted to Paula Deen. I went with Mrs. Paula Deen because she cooks like me. Well, okay without all the butter… I probably don’t use as much. ANYWAY.
I finally settled on this awesome Cheese and Pesto Italian Baked Spaghetti Recipe from Paula Deen’s The Deen Family Cookbook. We had never made it before and it really turned out good. I think that next time I will probably nix the goat cheese (only because it was expensive) and add some low fat cottage cheese, simply to add a little more moisture to the recipe. But honestly the flavor was amazing and it is definitely hearty and rich.
- 1 pound uncooked spaghetti noodles
- 1 pound ricotta cheese6-7oz) jars of prepared pesto
- 2½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 13×9 dish.
- Cook the spaghetti for 2 minutes less than the pkg directions say to cook it. Drain the spaghetti well and transfer it to a bowl. Stir in the ricotta, pesto, 1 cup of the mozzarella, ½ cu. of the Parmesan and the goat cheese.
- Toss the mixture well and transfer it to the baking dish.
- Sprinkle it with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake until the cheese is melted, about 15-20 minutes. Turn the oven to broil and broil for 1 minute or until golden (we skipped the broil setting.)
- Serve hot!
If you are a regular link-up we’re excited to see what you made this week. If you are new please read and follow the, so that everyone can enjoy the linky party and your recipe doesn’t get deleted!
If you forget to follow the theme, your post will be deleted. Please don’t feel hurt, just come back and link up a recipe that follows the theme. Thanks a million, we look forward to blogging with you!
The LINKY PARTY is opened ALL Week!