Loving the handheld spiralizers. I received a Suncoya Spiral Slicer and I couldn’t wait to give it a try!
It didn’t take me long to decide that I wanted to try out these Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries. I loved them, my kids loved them! YOU’LL love them!
Let’s talk about the Suncoya Spiral Slicer first.
This unique kitchen gadget is a handheld spiralizer. It’s great because it’s compact enough to fit in a drawer, inexpensive; one of the few I have found that is under $15 and still great quality.
Out of the box, it includes the Spiral Slicer, a peeler, a finger guard, a protective cap and a cleaning brush. Everything you need to get started except the vegetables!
With the new vegetable pasta/noodle craze going on, every kitchen should have one, most especially those who are looking to eat more healthy because the possibilities are endless.
To test my spiralizer out, I decided to make this easy brown sugar and cinnamon sweet potato fries dish.
brown sugar and cinnamon sweet potato fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Insert a sweet potato into the Spiralizer and spiralize both sweet potatoes completely.
- In a large bowl, add all the spiralized sweet potatoes. Add the brown sugar, cinnamon and oil and toss to coat.
- On a large baking pan spread out the spiralized sweet potatoes. Do not overcrowd the sweet potatoes or they won't cook all the way. Use two pans if needed.
- Pop trays into oven and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and flip fries as best as possible. Continue baking another 5-10 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and serve hot . We sprinkled some extra brown sugar on top when we served them. Yum!
I cannot even begin to tell you how delicious these were. They were a treat for my kiddos. A way to get them to consume some sweet potatoes but also to enjoy a little sweetness. They were happy and most asked for seconds. We made them again just a few nights later.
The Suncoya Spiral Slicer is awesome. Very easy to use. The teenagers love spiralizing all kinds of veggies and have recently got into spiralizing fruit. Yep! Those recipes coming soon!
What else can you do with a spiralizer?
- Turn vegetables into noodles
- Make veggie “fries”
- Spiralize vegetables for stir fries, garnishes, etc.
- Use for making an easier coleslaw and other salads
- much, much more… the possibilities are endless!