Thank you Pompeian Olive Oil, for sponsoring these awesome Egg Stuffed Baked Potato Skins and sending me some oil to cook with.
Olive oil is a must have in my pantry. It’s definitely a staple and something I use nearly every night when cooking dinner. Definitely my oil of choice whenever possible. When I run out, I get really out of sorts and a little panicked until I have a nice full bottle back in the pantry. Multiple bottles are better.
I was asked to review Pompeian Olive Oil and I jumped on the chance. I love the robust, full flavor that it adds to every meal I make with it. It’s a product I can easily stand behind, because I use it a lot. I use it for salad dressings, grilling meat and so much more. I also used it to make these Egg Stuffed Baked Potato Skins.
I have a few things for you today from Pompeian Olive Oil:
- A $1.00 coupon for any Pompeian Olive Oil > Get a Pompeian Coupon
- Like Pompeian on Facebook > Pompeian on Facebook
- You can also learn more about it here > Learn more about Pompeian Olive Oil
- Would love if you filled out this quick survey, which gives you a chance to win a $200 gift card > Take the Survey
For more product & USDA quality monitoring information > More Product Information
- For some cooking inspiration >
I use olive oil so much in my recipes, that choosing a recipe to make with it, was easy. The day after I received the bottle, we happened to be making these yummy breakfast Egg Stuffed Baked Potato Skins, stuffed with eggs, cheese and bacon. I love using the olive oil to coat the outside of the potato skins. That same night we grilled chicken breasts using the olive oil. It’s such a versatile product and tastes delicious wherever its used.
Egg Stuffed Baked Potato Skins
These Baked Breakfast Egg Stuffed Potato Skins are a wonderful addition to any breakfast, serve with a side of fresh fruit for a good hearty breakfast.
- 2 large baked potatoes, fully cooked and cooled
- Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup of any shredded cheese you desire
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 strips of bacon, fully cooked and chopped
- 4 eggs
- Fresh herbs, chopped (I usually use cilantro, but parsley, basil or oregano work awesome too)
- Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice pre-baked and cooled potatoes in half length wise.
- Scoop out the insides of the potato leaving enough potato in there to hold the shell and all the ingredients. You want to scoop enough out that it can fill nicely while leaving enough potato to hold up the walls. We saved the scooped out potato and made mashed potatoes that night for dinner.
- Rub olive oil all over the skins of the potato, and the edges where the potato is holding up the skins.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese lightly on the inside of the potato.
- First Layer the shredded cheese.
- Add ¼ of the green onions, and ¼ of the cooked and chopped bacon, on top of the cheese.
- Gently crack the egg into the skin. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, Parmesan Cheese and herbs.
- Carefully put the pan in the oven at bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, checking towards the end. The white should be set and the yolk still a little runny at 15 minutes. At 20 minutes, the whites are set and the yolks is pretty cooked.
Disclosure: In accordance with my partnership with Smiley360, I was sent a 24 ounce bottle of Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a $10 WalMart gift card in exchange for a review. All opinions, photos and text are my own.
You can join Smiley360 by clicking here > Smiley360