It’s been an interesting week at our house, and I was quite happy to see the weekend. Just busy mostly, but another big milestone was hit in our house this weekend. My mini me (Brie’s Bites), Brielle has entered into her first serious relationship. Caught us a bit by surprise but he came home with her on Thursday after school, and … well, we like him. A lot.
He has to get through impressing seven people in this house, plus another boyfriend who is part of our family on a regular basis and he won us all over. That’s not easy to do. At all.
I thought I wasn’t prepared for this. And I was so incredibly afraid I wasn’t going to like him. And I was so afraid she was going to get her heart broken and be disappointed, but instead, things are going beautifully and she’s the happiest I have ever seen her before in my life.
Today is Being Thankful #SundaySupper and this week I have felt blessed and thankful many times. For many reasons.
I am always thankful for my family, my children, my mother and father, brother and family. My pets too. I am thankful for my friends, my business, my life.
But right now, I am most thankful for Mason giving my happy, beautiful daughter back. She’s been so wonderful and pleasant to be around and well, she’s a teenager so that’s not always the case. I’m so extremely thankful she is happy and it’s a wonderful thing to say.
I hope all my American friends have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with their families and friends, and that all those who celebrate Hannukah also have a wonderful start to their holiday season.
I will leave you with an adorable picture of the cute couple. Happy Sunday!
FIRST COURSE / APPETIZERS
- Harvest Soup from Bea of The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Horseradish Cranberry & Herbed Cheese Bites from Jen of Juanita’s Cocina
- Savory Rosemary Baklava with Brie from Christie of A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
SAVORY BREADS + STUFFING
- Cloverleaf Rolls from Micha of Cookin’ Mimi
- Freeze and Bake Buttermilk Biscuits from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Raspberry and Brie Crescent Rolls from Karen of In The Kitchen With KP
- Eggless Herb and Garlic Fresh Pasta from Sarah at What Smells So Good?
- Honey Orange Turkey Breast from Cindy at Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Brussels Sprout Latkes from Susan atThe Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cheesey Scalloped Potatoes from Shaina at Take A Bite Out Of Boca
- Cornucopia Sweet Potato Barley Salad from Wendy at The Weekend Gourmet
- Fried Smashed Potatoes from Renee at Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Grandpa’s Simple Stuffing from Bobbi at Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Green Beans with Pecans and Cranberries from Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Honey and Cinnamon Glazed Sweet Potatoes from Jennifer at Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Italian American Turkey Dressing from Anne at Webicurean
- Loaded Mashed Potato Bake from Lori at Foxes Love Lemons
- Maple Sweet Potatoes with Browned Butter Pecan Topping from Brianne at Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Mushroom and Barley Casserole with Bacon, Gruyere and Spinach from Heather at Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Blue Cheese from Sarah at Curious Cuisiniere
DESSERTS + SWEET BREADS
- Almond Brioche Sticky Buns from Alice at Hip Foodie Mom
- Baked Caramel Apple Cider Donuts from Nicole at Daily Dish Recipes
- Blue Ribbon Meyer Lemon Mascarpone Cheesecake from Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious
- Chocolate Moussecake from Liz at That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Rolls from Conni at The Foodie Army Wife
- Gingered Butternut Squash Tart from Renee of Magnolia Days
- Hanukkah Lemon Star Cookies from Shannon at Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Manischewitz, Cranberry Double Holiday Donuts from Kim at Ninja Baking
- Mini Pumpkin Pies from Nichole at Casa de Crews
- Mom’s Custard Pie from Courtney at Neighborfood
- No Bake Pumpkin Spiced Cheesecake from Tammi of Momma’s Meals
- Plum and Blackberry Crumble from Katy at Happy Baking Days
- Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake from Heather at girlichef
- Salted Butterscotch Pudding from Jane at Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie from Laura at Pies and Plots
- Sweet Potato Pecan Gingersnap Pie from Paula at Vintage Kitchen Notes
All American Wine Pairing Guide for Being Thankful #SundaySupper from Martin at ENOFYLZ Wine Blog