Chocolate. Peanut Butter. Mmmm… goooooooood. Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake … beyond words.
We make the cake part of this all the time. We even make this cake with the wonderful chocolate ganache in the middle, but what I have never done before, was add the peanut butter, and I really wanted the peanut butter.
Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake is honestly to die for!
Now before you sit there thinking, where’s the icing or the topping or the glaze, there is a reason I didn’t add it with this particular cake.
The chocolate cake is extremely rich and moist all on it’s own – then you have the bites full of peanut butter and the chocolate ganache. It needs no help from any glaze or icing or frosting or ANYTHING. It’s the perfect Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake.
I’ve been eating much healthier lately, so this cake was a nice little treat to end my week and I enjoyed it with a big mug of hot steaming coffee and some TV time with my girls. (and my boy but he wasn’t watching, he was Facebooking). Oh, and in case you were wondering – there is NOTHING healthy about this cake, but one bite and I’m pretty sure it won’t matter.
Hey, I went over my calorie limit for this piece of cake. You would too.
Also, I used Reese’s peanut butter and reese’s peanut butter chips but you can use whatever you want. I basically used them because I had originally planned to crumble reese’s peanut butter cups across the top held firmly in place by chocolate ganache. I decided not to do that at the last minute, so it’s up to you whether you want to do that.
This week our Sunday Supper theme is Cheese, Cakes & Cheesecakes and is hosted by my awesome friend Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. Thank you so much Angie for organizing such a fun theme and for all the work you did!
Enjoy the cake and make sure you check out the wonderful recipes everyone else contributed this week.
- 3oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 c. sugar
- 1¾ c. cake flour
- ¾ c. dark cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. milk
- ½ c. applesauce
- 1½ tsp. almond extract (we also sometimes use rum extract or other flavors - its very mild)
- 1 c. boiling water
- 1½ cups Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
- 1 c. Reese's Peanut Butter (you can use any kind, really)
- Make sure all ingredients are brought to room temperature.
- In a microwave safe bowl, put all the ingredients for the ganache filling. Heat on high for 20 to 30 seconds. Whisk until melted and smooth. Refrigerate while you are working on the rest of the cake.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease your bundt pan and then dust with cocoa powder. Tap out any excess.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, cake flour, dark cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the eggs, milk, applesauce and almond extract; beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Next, stir in the boiling water. Stir until moistened.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the Reese's Peanut Butter Chips.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan.
- Begin by dropping spoonfulls of the chocolate ganache filling into the batter in the bundt pan all around. Next, repeat the same thing with the cup of peanut butter. Gently take a knife and swirl it through the cake batter swirling the peanut butter and ganache. Try to cover and visible ganache or peanut butter with the batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached to it, about 30-35 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let the cake cool upright in the pan for 15 minutes. Invert the pan onto the rack and lift off the pan. Allow to cool about 15-20 minutes longer before slicing and devouring. So good!
This week’s AWESOME line up of recipes contains a lot of things I can’t wait to bake up, make up or serve up in my own kitchen!
- Garlic and Goat by Supper for a Steal
- Quick and Easy Homemade Cottage Cheese by
- Homemade Velveeta Cheese by Juanitas Cocina
- Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Parmesan Crisps by BigBearsWife
- Irish Cheese Soufflés by girlichef
- Paneer Tikka Masala by Kimchi Mom
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta with Homemade Ricotta and Broccoli by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Ricotta Croquettes by Basic N Delicious
- Cheeseburger Soup by Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Cherry Blossom Crescents by
- Saag Paneer! Golden Roasted Ricotta In Savory Spinach Sauce by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Sourdough Cheese Crackers by Curious Cuisiniere
- Basil Balsamic Strawberries & Whipped Feta Grilled Cheese by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lox and Cream Cheese Mini Omelettes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Buffalo Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken by In The Kitchen With KP
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Paneer Indian Cottage Cheese Pancake by Masala Herb
- Crepes with Strawberry Mascarpone Cream Filling by Soni’s Food
- Roasted Pears with Pecorino by Happy Baking Days
- Pan-Fried Halloumi Cheese Salad by The Catholic Foodie
- Chevre Torte with Mango and Sweet Pepper Salsa by Noshing with the Nolands
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting by Hezzi D’s Books & Cooks
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cake by
- Dairyfree Ice Cream Cake by Galactosemia in PDX
- KitKat Chocolate Cake by The Urban Mrs.
- Old Fashioned Caramel Cake by There and Back Again
- Peanut Butter Banana Bundt Cake with Chocolate Chips by Gotta Get Baked
- Flourless Chocolate Bean Cake by Vintage Kitchen
- Dense Chocolate Cherry Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Tequila Lime Cupcakes by Mama Mommy Mom
- Almond Polenta Cake by Shockingly Delicious
- Salmon Cakes by Family Foodie
- Banana Split Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze by NeighborFood
- Kit Kat Cheesecake Brownies by Chocolate Moosey
- Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- Nutella Cheesecake Brownies by The Foodie Army Wife
- Individual Strawberry and White Chocolate Cheesecakes by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Grasshopper Cheesecake Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
- Mini Toddler Cherry Cheesecakes by In the Kitchen with Audrey and Maurene
- Mocha Cheesecake by The Lovely Pantry
- Lime Cheesecake Bites by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- No-Bake Banana Sundae Cheesecake by The Messy Baker
- Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes with White Chocolate Crusts by Cupcakes and Pearls
- Savory Shrimp Cheesecake with Herbs and Garlic by Food Lust People Love
- Cheesecake au Baileys by
- Tiny Turtle Cheesecakes (No Bake) by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Mini Cheesecakes by Cookistry
- Chocolate Cheesecake Bites by Mom, What’s For Dinner?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. This week we will be sharing our love of Cheese, Cakes AND Cheesecakes! Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST!