When I heard today’s #SundaySupper theme was Tapas I was so excited. Who doesn’t love bite size goodness that just pairs perfectly with a cocktail, glass of wine or with anything really. I love the appetizer, small bite appeal of a Tapas recipe.
These fun Tortellini Tapas are perfect for any get together, they fry up nice and crispy on the outside and soft and cheesy on the inside with a tangy flavor brought on from the ranch. I fry them in peanut oil, just to be a tad healthier with the whole ‘fried foods’ thing. They serve beautifully with this delicious spicy ranch dip and are a huge hit.
Put a platter of these gems on any table, with some toothpicks and watch how fast they disappear.
I cannot get over all the amazing recipes in today’s lineup of Tapas goodness. Be sure and scroll down to check out what everyone else brought to our Tapas party!
- 1 (9-ounce) package of refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups of Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing, divided*
- 1 Tablespoon of cracked black pepper, divided*
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs, I used Garlic Herb Bread Crumbs from Progresso but any flavor or type will do.
- ¾ cup buffalo wing sauce
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups peanut oil, for frying
- Prepare tortellini according toe package directions.
- Drain and allow the tortellini to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 cup of ranch dressing with the 2 eggs and 3 teaspoons of cracked black pepper. Whisk until well blended.
- Add the tortellini and allow to soak in the dressing for 10 minutes or so.
- Drain the excess dressing and dredge the pieces of tortellini in the breadcrumbs.
- Place the coated tortellini on a large covered or greased baking pan.
- Put the pan in the refrigerator and allow them to chill for at least 1 hour.
- Mix the rest of the ranch dressing, buffalo wing sauce, 3 teaspoons of cracked black pepper and the cilantro together and chill for 1 hour.
- Pour the peanut oil into a pan on the stove or a dutch oven. Heat to 375 degrees. Fry the tortellini in small batches until it is golden. Drain well on paper towels.
- Serve with the awesome chilled dip.
A Table Full of Tapas:
Stuffed Green Queen Olives with Garlic Infused Olive Oil from MarocMama
Cheesy, Tortellini Tapas & Spicy Bacon Ranch Dip from Daily Dish Recipes
Black-Eyed Pea Cowboy Caviar from Shockingly Delicious
Goan Beef Croquettes from Masala Herb
Giardiniera Salad from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Bacon Wrapped Calamari from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
Patatas Bravas from Supper for a Steal
Caramelized Onion & Gruyere Bites from The Foodie Army Wife
Agave Truffles from Killer Bunnies, Inc
Pear, Brie, and Honey Crostini from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Tomato Bread from girlichef
Clams in Green Sauce (Almejas en Salsa Verde) from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
Roasted Tomato-Basil Flatbread from Take A Bite Out of Boca
Herb and Citrus Marinated Olives from Magnolia Days
Smoky Paprika Peppers from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
Balsamic Raspberries with Mascarpone Cream from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Gambas al Ajillo from Manu’s Menu
Squid in Garlic Chili Olive Oil from Food Lust People Love
Tortilla Española from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
Croquetas de Pollo from Cookin’ Mimi
Low-Carb Salmon Croquettes from Yours And Mine Are Ours
Bruschetta Topping from What Smells So Good?
Herb Roasted Almonds from Curious Cuisiniere
Artichoke Heart and Manchego Spread on Fried Garlic Bread from The Wimpy Vegetarian
Tortillita de Camarones from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Patatas A La Riojana (Rioja-Style Potato & Chorizo Stew) from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Gambas al Ajillo y Clementina (Shrimp with Garlic and Clementines) from FoodieTots
Tortillas De Papa y Atun (Tuna and Potatoes Tortilla) from Basic N Delicious
Pocky Cake Pops from NinjaBaking.com
Chorizo Filled Dates Wrapped in Bacon from I Run For Wine
Manchego-Stuffed Spanish Meatballs from The Weekend Gourmet
Roast Onions with Blue Cheese and Pine Nuts from Healthy. Delicious.
Shrimp and Chorizo Tapas from The Texan New Yorker
Blueberry and Lemon Yogurt Quesada from In The Kitchen With KP
Chorizo with Spicy Sweet Potato Tapas from Soni’s Food
Chorizo and Manchego Toast Tapas from Family Foodie
Roasted Bone Marrow with Citrus Salad from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Serrano Ham and Manchego Croquetas with Smoked Pimenton Aioli from My Other City By The Bay
Krab Filled Avocado Tapas from from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
Polenta Crostini Bites with Caramelized Mushrooms: Cicchetti – A Venetian Tapas Tradition from La Bella Vita Cucina
Plus, Martin Redmond is here to share the perfect recommendations: Best Wines To Pair With Tapas from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Be sure to come back this Sunday to get the links to the recipes you’re looking forward to trying the most! What are your favorite Tapas? Have you ever been to a Tapas Bar…or better yet, eaten Tapas in Spain!? We’d love to hear about your experiences and favorite Tapas recipes.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.