Traditional eggnog with a twist. A peppermint twist and a smooth chocolate flavor combine in this Chocolate Peppermint Eggnog. If you love chocolate, you’ll love this creative version of a classic.
Chocolate Peppermint Eggnog
Leave it to me to wait until the last minute to schedule my post for #SundaySupper. I was pretty excited about this week too. I guess somehow I still am, but with the Sandy Hook tragedy, truthfully that’s all I’ve been focused on.
I’ve definitely held my kids a little tighter, paid attention to them a bit more than I feel like I already do.
I know I am so blessed to have them in my lives, and we take things like that for granted everyday.
I get annoyed when the dishes aren’t done or when socks are left on the bathroom floor. But in the big scheme of things, it really doesn’t matter.
So to turn this theme around a little, I am celebrating. I am celebrating my children and being their mom. I am celebrating being a family and the precious time we spend.
And yes, I am looking forward to Christmas and spending more time with them then.
But no matter where I am, or how much I am celebrating, those that were lost to us Friday will not be forgotten.
I am praying for their families. My children are praying for their families, their loved ones. I can’t say much else without flying into another bit of sobbing and tears so I will end it there.
This has been such a difficult post to write, but I also feel better for it.
Writing about it can help heal the pain and confusion that comes with something like this. Don’t be afraid to express your sadness, your anger, your confusion … it all matters.
Anyway, let’s focus on the drink at hand. It’s seriously good. I will be honest, measurements for me are something I struggle with.
I usually just pour and taste, pour and taste.
I often use more chocolate syrup, less extract, more milk, more extract… you get it… until I come up with a delicious mixture.
At any rate, it’s a fun, festive party drink and is fun for celebrations.
It’s also the PERFECT drink the enjoy on a quiet evening, in front of the fireplace, lost in thought and deep concentration. Trust me, I know.
The Team is having a Holiday Cocktails and Appetizers party and we would love to have you join us this week!
- Glühwein from Magnolia Days
- Candy Cane Martini from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chocolate Peppermint Eggnog from Daily Dish Recipes
- Cherry Bomb from Noshing with the Nolands
Holiday Appetizers or Hors d’oeuvres
- Prosciutto Goat Cheese Rolls with Fig Preserves and Arugula from Shockingly Delicious
- Potato Leek Soup from What Smells So Good
- 5 Quick & Easy Appetizers for Your Holiday Party from Webicurean
- Old fashioned Swedish Meatballs from I Run For Wine
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Bites from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Fried Green Beans with Wasabi Ranch from Juanita’s Cocina
- Salsa Baked Cheese from Home Cooking Memories
- Lip-smacking Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs from In The Kitchen with KP
- Onion marmalade with Bacon from Ruffles and Truffles
- Sweet Potato Dip from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Baked Jalapeno Popper Ranch Dip from Weekend Gourmet
Can you believe all those goodies? I can’t wait for this party to start!
Recipe for Chocolate Peppermint Eggnog
Chocolate Peppermint Eggnog
- 4 cups of eggnog
- 2 cups cold milk
- ¼ cup Chocolate Syrup
- ½ teaspoon of pure peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- Combine eggnog, milk, Chocolate Syrup, and extracts into a pitcher.
- Pour into glasses and serve with a candy cane. Serve Immediately.