It goes without saying that gift giving can be difficult. What do you get for Uncle Fred, or your mother, who already has everything she could ever want? Or what about the neighbors when they stop by last minute to bring you a holiday gift and you don’t have one for them?
Kahlúa makes a great gift all on it’s own. With all the wonderful flavors: Original, Mocha, French Vanilla, Hazelnut and Peppermint Mocha, along with the strong coffee version, Especial, there is something for everyone on your list. It’s so easy to pick a bottle, pop it in a gift bag, tie a bow, add a tag and call it done. Easy Peasy and it’s a great gift!
However, there are other ways to get creative:
Put together a Kahlúa gift basket, add glasses, a bottle of any flavor of Kahlúa and some nuts and chocolates.
Make cookies using Kahlúa – there are so many flavors you can make them unique
Make chocolate sauce with Kahlúa and store in mason jars. Create an ice cream social gift basket, with spoons, sundae cups, a gift card to the local grocer for some ice cream. Nestle in some sprinkles, nuts and other toppings. Don’t forget to add your chocolate sauce.
Make brownies or a cake with Kahlúa and keep it on hand (check out the recipe below) for unexpected house guests or last minute gifts. Wrap in parchment paper and tie with string, pop into a gift bag and you have an easy gift.
Kahlúa lends a wonderfully interesting and flavorful kick to all sorts of traditional recipes, cookies, cakes, even BBQ!
I make these brownies and we keep them on hand at holiday time. I used to make them with regular Kahlúa but now I enjoy making them with all the many flavors Kahlúa has to offer.
Kahlúa Peppermint Mocha Brownies make a perfect gift idea and can be kept on hand for future unexpected gifts or even the drop in house guest.
Kahlúa Peppermint Mocha Brownies
- ¾ cup of butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cups dark cocoa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons of Kahlúa Peppermint Mocha
- ¾ cups all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease your baking pan.
- Melt the butter in a pan over low heat.
- Remove from heat and add sugar, stirring to combine.
- Return the butter/sugar combo to the stove on low heat for about a minute or so, or until it's hot but not quite boiling. Remove from heat again.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs for about a minute or so.
- Add the cocoa, salt, baking powder and Kahlúa Peppermint Mocha. Beat until smooth.
- Add the flour a little at a time, mixing well between each edition.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool before cutting.
They are heavenly!
But that’s not all, I also have a wonderful Kahlúa cocktail recipe for you again today.
This Kahlúa Irish Midnight Lullaby is one of my favorites to serve at the end of the night before house guests head off to bed. The perfect lullaby to end the night at an Irish Midnight. That’s where it got it’s name, well, that and that Irish Whiskey we use!
Kahlúa Irish Midnight Lullaby
- 1 part Irish whiskey
- 1 part brown sugar
- 2 parts Kahlúa Original or Kahlúa Midnight (70 proof!)
- 2 parts hot brewed coffee
- 2 parts chilled heavy cream
- Nutmeg for the top
In a cocktail glass, add the whiskey, sugar and hot coffee and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the Kahlúa.
To add the cream, slowly pour it over the back of a spoon into the glass and allow to stand for a moment or two to give the cream time to float back to the top. Serve.
To get inspiration for more great recipes and entertaining ideas with Kahlúa and for a chance to win the ultimate holiday party, please visit www.kahluaholiday.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kahlúa. The opinions and text are all mine.