I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love this week’s #SundaySupper theme. Everyone needs ideas for leftovers, because if you’re anything like us, we have them all the time. I hate eating the same thing over and over and want to change it up a bit.
With Thanksgiving next week, we’re sure to wind up with plenty of leftovers of turkey, and stuffing and cranberry sauce, and potatoes, and pumpkin and whatever wonderful things you serve at your family table. Well this week’s round up of amazing recipes is sure to fill your tummies with wonderful, delicious leftovers turned into something brand new. Wait until you see the line up.
But first let me show you what I made.
This really is the ultimate.
The Ultimate Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich.
Our thanksgiving meal is made completely from scratch from the gravy to the rolls, to the stuffing and potatoes.
But this sandwich can be made with whatever you have on hand leftover.
My sandwich has a homemade roll, cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, turkey and cranberry sauce.
I’m still drooling. I’m also getting anxious for Thursday to arrive to we can have our big holiday meal and I can make one of these in the evening.
The recipe is simple. You probably don’t really need one. But I’ll give it you anyway, so you can see what I did.
This is the Ultimate Leftovers Sandwich. It could be made with anything but I am pretty partial to these ingredients together.
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
5 based on 4 review(s)
- 1 roll, sliced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 slices of turkey (or just use pieces of turkey, I did)
- 2-3 Tablespoons. Mashed Potatoes
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Gravy
- 2-3 Tablespoons Cornbread Stuffing
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Cranberry Sauce with Cranberries
Slice the roll in half. Spread some butter on both sides evenly, sprinkle the garlic powder on both sides and place face down in a skillet on the stove over med-low heat.
Layer the turkey first. You can use 1 or 2 larger pieces or you can use a whole bunch of the little pieces. That’s what I did. It was perfect.
Cover the turkey with a few tablespoons of mashed potatoes and then some tablespoons of gravy.
Next layer some tablespoons of stuffing on top. I used a delicious cornbread stuffing but you can use whatever kind you made. Go ahead, pile it up on there.
Next spoon a few tablespoons of cranberry sauce over the top of the whole thing. Use as much or as little as you’d like. I love the little cranberries. Yum!
Put the top of the roll on.
Next, open wide and take a bit old scrumptious bite. Enjoy!
I know, I know – you now have visions of cranberries and stuffing and turkey and … ah… but wait.
Don’t stop there – go check out the rest of the #SundaySupper crew and their delicious Thanksgiving leftovers recipes!
I can’t believe this amazing line up.
Breakfast & Brunch
- Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls by Juanita’s Cocina
- Turkey Cranberry Muffins by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Sweet Potato Biscuits by Home Cooking Memories
- Turkey Enchiladas by Webicurean
- Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole by FamilyFoodie
- Turkey and Cranberry Monte Cristo by Supper for a Steal
- Thanksgiving hangover sandwich by
- Turkey Tamale Pie by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie by I Run For Wine
- Turkey and Stuffing Pasty by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- The Ultimate Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich by Daily Dish Recipes
- Turkey Vegetable Hash by Generation Y Foodie
- Turkey Tetrazzini by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Thanksgiving Leftovers: Turkey and Andouille Gumbo for #SundaySupper by
- Red Potato Turkey Cutlets with Ginger & Fresh Herbs by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Thanksgiving Turkey Banh Mi Sandwich by 30AEats
- Leftover Turkey and Sausage Gumbo by My Catholic Kitchen
- Turkey Mornay Open-Face Sandwiches by The Weekend Gourmet
- Leftover Mashed Potatoes and Beef Croquettes by Pippis in the Kitchen Again
- Simple and easy! Turkey a la king, fit for a queen! by Midlife Road Trip
- Turkey and Mushroom Risotto by Comfy Cuisine
- Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Kartoffelpuffer – German Potato Pancakes by MrsMamaHen
- Skillet Turkey Reuben by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- # glutenfree Turkey Shepard’s Cake by Cooking Underwriter
- Hawaiian BBQ Turkey Flatbread Pizza by Damn Delicious
- Turkey shepards pie! by The Realistic Nutritionist
- Turkey & Cranberry Panini with Tarragon Aioli by The Messy Baker Blog
Soups, Salads, Sides & Starters
- Gluten Free Turkey and Dumplings by
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Shallots and Pancetta by Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Curried Turkey Salad by Kimchi Mom
- Potato Patties w/ Tomato Salsa by La Cocina De Leslie
- Spicy Coconut Turkey Soup by Diabetic Foodie
- Mashed Potatoes Twice Baked by Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Moroccan Chicken Salad with Rice by My Trial’s in the Kitchen
- Cranberry Barbecue Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Olive Tapenade by Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Leftover Turkey Soup by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Bread Pudding by MarocMama
Sweets & Desserts
- Cranberry Sauce Crumb Bars by girlichef
- Pumpkin Gingersnap Truffles by Chocolate Moosey
- Sweet Potato Spice Cake with Pecan Streusel Topping by Shockingly Delicious
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Potato Frosting by Yummy Smells
Wine Pairings for the Recipes Featured
- Wine Pairings for Thanksgiving Leftovers #SundaySupper by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Please join on us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper today, November 18, 2012. In the evening we will meet at 7pm EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat.
All you have to do is follow the TweetChat.hashtag or you can follow us through
We’d also love to feature your recipe for Thanksgiving Leftovers on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board to share them with all of our followers, too.
Thanks for visiting this week!