Grab a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy these wonderfully moist Strawberry Banana Scones.
Tender, flaky, moist and oh, so very full of flavor, studded with strawberry pieces, these scones are heaven.
Perfect with my breakfast or even just a midday treat with some tea or coffee.
While I am an avid coffee drinker, I did enjoy a cup of tea around 4pm with my scones and felt very British for a few minutes. I loved it.
I really think I might incorporate afternoon tea as a 4th meal in my house. No joke. It was wonderful.
I will also be making scones much more often. They weren’t hard at all and they were simply wonderful!
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cloves
- ¼ cup of cold butter
- ¾ cup of buttermilk
- 1½ teaspoons of banana extract
- ½ cup of fresh or frozen strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, ground cloves).
- Cut in the butter until the dry ingredients resemble tiny coarse crumbs.
- Blend in the buttermilk and banana extract just until moistened.
- Very gently fold in the chopped up strawberry.
- Turn your dough out on a lightly floured surface. Knead gently about 10 times or so.
- You can use a rolling pin, but I just used my hands to create an 8" circle.
- Cut into 8 wedges like a pizza.
- Place the wedges individually on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees or until the scones are golden brown.
- Serve warm, plain or with butter.
- Ah-mazing! (serve with tea or coffee for a wonderful treat!)
Strawberry Banana Scones
What’s your favorite kind of scone?