Time for a little home cooking !
Creamy Ham Linguine
I love 5 ingredient recipes – don’t you? I don’t even understand people who enjoy cooking a recipe with a bazillion ingredients – no thank you. At least not when I’m in a hurry. Of course some dishes definitely call for lots of ingredients and it can’t be helped, but the ones we are sharing with you today for #SundaySupper are compromised of 5 ingredients. It’s home cooking at it’s best. These are the kind of recipes I often find myself seeking out when I’m looking for a quick or inexpensive meal for my family.
My kids love this Creamy Ham Linguine. Here’s the deal, in the picture it doesn’t look very creamy. Why is that? Because we made it the night before and all the creaminess infused into the noodles. It tasted great the second day, but it didn’t make for a very creamy looking photo. We were in a hurry the night we made it, as is usually the case when I’m making a quick pasta dinner. We all ate it before we could photograph it. So close your eyes and envision a creamy white sauce all over the pasta, ham and peas. If you can’t do that, make it and you’ll see. It’s so good, so simple and it’s part of a big collection of 5 ingredient recipes – home cooking at it’s best – oh yeah!
Once again the #SundaySupper team has completely outdone themselves, but before we get to them – check out this easy recipe.
You can’t beat dishes that are 5 ingredients or less. It’s especially wonderful when it’s a dish that is also the main course!
4 based on 1 review(s)
- 1 12 ounce box of linguine noodles
- 3 cups fully cooked ham, cubed
- 2 cups cooked peas (we use frozen peas but you could use canned)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
Cook linguine according to the package directions and then drain.
Put them back into the pot you used to cook them.
Add the cubed ham, the peas, the heavy cream and the Parmesan cheese.
Heat on low until everything is cooked through.
Today’s #SundaySupper is being hosted this week by my sweet friend Amber from Mama’s Blissful Bites. She has done such a good job putting it all together and what a great topic. A topic right after my own heart – as I love 5 ingredient dishes and haven’t done a ton of them on the blog. Guess it’s time to change that, but in the meantime while you’re waiting for me to get around to that, check out the awesome line up of 5 ingredient dishes that our awesome team made today!
Breakfast, Starters, Butters and Jams:
- Pa Jun or Korean Scallion Pancakes – Kimchi Mom
- Homemade Instant Oatmeal – Home Cooking Memories
- GlutenFree Apricot Bacon Onion and Cheese Spread or Dip – Cooking Underwriter
- Caprese Bites – My Catholic Kitchen
- So Simple Pizza Puffs – Hip Foodie Mom
- Toast Topper #11: Allspice Peach Butter – What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Balsamic Jam – The Messy Baker Blog
- Broccoli and Feta Frittata – Kwistin’s Favorites
- Fresh Basil and Tomato Pasta – I Run For Wine
- Gulasch – Galactosemia in PDX
- Spaghetti with Kale and Sausage – Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Appley Kielbasa –
- Shrimp Stuffed Potatoes – Juanita’s Cocina
- Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches – Supper for a Steal
- Sun Dried Tomato and Sausage Pasta – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Pork Loin with Port Shallot Sauce – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Chipotle Honey Lime Pork Tenderloin – Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos – The Hand That Rocks The Ladle
- Roasted Shrimp With Chili-Lime Sauce – Magnolia Days
- Peanut Butter Noodles – In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Soy, Orange Juice and Red Wine Marinated Flank – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Beef Tenderloin with Stilton Pecan Butter – Noshing With The Nolands
- Herbed Butter Pork Chops – Brie’s Bites
- Creamy Ham Linguine – The Daily Dish Recipes
- Pesto, Tomato & Feta Pizza – Momma’s Meals
- Quick Black Bean Burritos – Diabetic Foodie
- Lumachine with Fresh Parmesan and Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce – Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Stuffed Shells – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Potato Kugel – From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Garlic Butter Fried Rice – My Trials in the Kitchen
- Goat Cheese Alfredo – Family Foodie
- Roasted Moroccan Rack of Lamb – Maroc Mama
- Sweet and Nutty Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes – Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Baked Sweet Potato with Maple-Jalapeno – Comfy Cuisine
- Freezable Bacon Egg and Cheese Sandwiches – Big Bear’s Wife
- Grilled Polenta Cakes – Lovely Pantry
- Nutella Ice Cream – Shockingly Delicious
- Fresh Mint Ice Cream with Mint M&M’s – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Grilled Mango Parfait with Greek Yogurt & Silvered Almonds – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Honey Macaroons – Pippis In the Kitchen Again
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt – Damn Delicious
- Homemade Caramel Sauce – Chocolate Moosey
- Easy Chocolate Chilli Fudge – Soni’s Food for Thought
- White-Chocolate Raspberry Puff Pastry Doughnuts – The Weekend Gourmet
- Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars – In The Kitchen With KP
- Chocolate-Caramel Ice Cream – Basic N Delicious
- Pumpkin and Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake –
- Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn – Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Five Most Food Friendly Wines – ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm(Eastern) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite 5 Ingredient Recipes ! All you have to do is follow the TweetChat! We’d also love to feature your easy go to recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!, or you can follow us through
Who doesn’t love a little home cooking ?