Cheesy, savory creamy cheddar potato soup to help warm the soul. Deliciously filling and full of fantastic flavor!
I must admit I have a bit of a soup obsession. I know I am not alone.
There’s nothing better than a piping hot bowl of soup on a cold, chilly day.
With 5″ of snow on the ground, and at least a layer of ice, this was the perfect time to make one of my favorites, Creamy Cheddar Potato Soup.
Guess what? We have another winter snow storm on it’s way.
Winter Storm Rocky has now begun and is on his way here – should arrive around Tuesday.
I’m thinking this nice variety of delicious soups that our group has brought you is going to come in handy in my kitchen arsenal over the next week or so!
My souper (see what I did there?) sweet friend Pam fromis hosting this fantastic theme.
She must have had some sort of ESP or something and known some of us were going to get snow dumped on us and the temperatures were going to drop. It truly is the perfect theme right now.
Check out the other great soup recipes that my fellow crew put together for you today! You don’t want to miss a single one!
Chicken and Poultry Soups
- Chicken Cheese Soup by There and Back Again
- Chicken Soup with Leeks, Onions and Fennel by Shockingly Delicious
- Yucatan Chicken Lime Soup (Sopa de Lima) by The Weekend Gourmet
- Ground Turkey and Vegetable Soup at The Messy Baker
- Chicken Vegetable Noodle Soup at Cupcakes and Pearls
- Beef Pho Soup by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
Pork and/or Sausage Soups
- Soft Tofu Soup (Soondubu Jjigae) by Hip Foodie Mom
- Bacon and Shrimp Bisque at Big Bear’s Wife
- Lobster Bisque by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chinese Fish Maw Soup by My Trials in The Kitchen
- Thai Curry Coconut Mussel Soup by Noshing With The Nolands
- French Onion Soup by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Spicy Sweet Potato and Corn Soup at Magnolia Days
- Creamy Cheddar Potato Soup at Daily Dish Recipes
- Rather French Onion Soup by What Smells So Good?
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup by Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Cream of Ancho Chile Soup from La Cocina de Leslie
- Pasta e Fagoli Soup at Cravings of a Lunatic
- Miso Soup by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Smoky Kale and Tomato Soup with Garlic Croutons by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Jalapeno Beer Cheese Soup by The Hand That Rocks The Ladle
- Wild Mushroom Soup at Food Lust People Love
Chilled or Cold Soups
- Chilled Strawberry Soup at Juanita’s Cocina
Recipe for Creamy Cheddar Potato Soup
Creamy Cheddar Potato Soup
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- ½ cups of chopped onion
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of peeled and cubed potatoes
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the chopped onions. Saute until soft.
- In a large stock pot, bring the water to a boil and add the potatoes, cooking them until they are just tender.
- Darin the water, but keep 1 cup of it, setting it aside.
- Stir in the melted butter and onion with the potatoes, add the flour.
- Stir well. Add the reserved water and milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add the shredded cheese a little at a time mixing it in well.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the top with paprika and serve with chopped green onions or cilantro.