I have recently been invited to Omaha by the Omaha Visitor’s Bureau to partake in a little Culinary Tour to sample the restaurants coming for Omaha Restaurant Week that will be taking place September 11-20, 2015. We are SO excited, because we have never been to Omaha before and desperately need a vacation. This is such a fun opportunity, we cannot wait. I will be blogging about that shortly, since we leave Monday. Thanks to the Visitor’s Bureau, I also have a FANTASTIC prize package to giveaway, so keep reading!
Are you going to Restaurant Week?
I’m sure you’re wondering what in the world Omaha Restaurant Week is, exactly.
From the website:
Omaha Restaurant Week is a celebration of the unique, exciting culinary scene in Omaha metro. During the promotion, participating restaurants offer an exclusive specials menu that features a multi-course dinner at a fixed price of $20, $30 or $40 per person (also called a “prix fixe” menu). Patrons can select from their choice of appetizers, entrees and desserts. Food lovers may simply dine out at as many participating restaurants as they like during Omaha Restaurant Week, explore new dining opportunities or enjoy old favorites.
If you live in Omaha, this is the prize package for you! Perfect for a family to enjoy all the wonderful tickets, but a nice little date night for mommy and daddy.
Prize package includes:
- 1 $50 gift card to Le Bouillon Restaurant
- 4 tickets to Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo (www.omahazoo.com)
- 4 tickets to Omaha Children’s Museum (www.ocm.org)
- 4 tickets to Durham Museum (www.durhammuseum.org)
- 4 tickets to Lauritzen Gardens (www.lauritzengardens.org)
- 4 special event passes to the Joslyn Art Museum (www.joslyn.org) – Joslyn Museum is currently free to all visitors. However, they have special exhibits which cost extra. They are good for the following exhibits this year:
- – Art Seen: A Juried Exhibition of Artists from Omaha to Lincoln (June 21 through October 11, 2015)
- Go West! Art of the American Frontier from the Buffalo Bill Center of the West (November 15, 2015 through the end of 2015)