I have a little bit of an addiction to Beer Cheese Dip. I tend to order it whenever I am out, and its always the thing I am standing near at any party. I also love making up my own batch to not only enjoy as a dip with some chips, but also to use on sandwiches, meals and in other things. It is a great condiment and can be used for SO many different things.This recipe is ridiculously simple, and can be changed up to fit what you are craving. Change to a pepper jack for a spicier beer cheese dip, or use mozzarella for a mild beer cheese dip. You could add herbs or seasonings if you wanted to make it your own as well. No matter what you decide to do with it, it is great with chips, crusty bread, veggies, crackers and like I mentioned before, as a condiment on sandwiches, served over chicken, tossed into pasta, even drizzled over a salad. (don’t knock it until you’ve tried it!) The reason I am sharing this easy beer cheese dip with you today, is that tomorrow for #SundaySupper, I have a delicious meal (using certified Angus beef) where I used this wonderfully savory, ridiculously simple beer cheese dip that just took the whole recipe over the top. So be sure and come back tomorrow to check for that recipe!
Super Simple Beer Cheese Dip
- 11-12 ounces (or one bottle) of beer, your choice
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound shredded cheese, your choice
- In a sauce pan, bring the beer to a simmer over medium heat.
- Slice the softened cream cheese into smaller pieces and add to the beer.
- Stir for about a minute.
- Add the shredded cheese.
- Using a whisk, whisk everything until the cheese is all melted and the dip is smooth.
- Mine looked a little like soup when it was done, loose, but thickens upon standing.
- If you want a thinner dip, add a little more beer. If you want a thicker dip, allow to cool for a few minutes before serving or use less beer.