Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette is the perfect spring themed salad. Of course, we eat them anytime of year!
Oh this wonderfully, beautiful salad screams Spring and at a time I am desperate for a change in weather.
It was all destined to be the death of me.
I make these salads all the time and the one depicted in the picture is one of my favorite ways to do it. However, when I decided to do it for today’s Spring themed #SundaySupper, I guess I got a little excited to soon.
You see, the very day I signed up, I knew I wanted to make one. I hadn’t had one since summer, and was craving that sweet strawberry flavor.
So I made one. See…
Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
Except, I forgot a few ingredients. Where’s the avocado, one of the key ingredients? But the Strawberry Vinaigrette turned out amazing so I enjoyed my salad without all the bells and whistles. I knew I just needed to get some avocado and we’d be fine.
Good thing I like the salad so much. It was time to make it again. And this time I had just gotten a large bag of Meyer lemons and I thought, hmm…. some sliced Meyer Lemon sounds good in that salad.
Yes, that is what I will add when I add the avocado.
And I made it again. I love the pretty colors and the way the Meyer Lemon slices look in there. So pretty and the salad tasted amazing.
This was two days after I whipped up the vinaigrette. As you can tell it was thickening a bit being in the fridge but still tastes absolutely incredible!
The Strawberry Vinaigrette is still so good even a couple of days later. If you want to thin it out a little, just add a couple of drops of water or oil. Shake well.
Yet here we are with this salad, I STILL forgot something.
As I was stuffing my face with bite after bite of the delicious flavor combination, I realized I had forgotten something I adore about this salad.
I forget the sliced almonds. That crunch I like with each bite. The crunch is absolutely incredible.
Guess what that meant? Yep – I had to make it again. This one was 5 days after the original vinaigrette was made. It was NOTICEABLY thicker but oh so very good. In fact, it did see to get a better flavor with age, however the consistency was just really thick.
This really didn’t bother me, since when I tossed it all about, the dressing really coated the spinach leaves and it was just a wonderfully, flavorful salad.
So as you can see, it really doesn’t matter what you add to it, because it’s just a great salad to do whatever with. I purposely chose Spring ingredients to fit our theme, but you could toss in any veggies you wanted and enjoy an equally delicious salad.
Check out the other recipes:
Green and Spring Dishes Menu Includes:
- Baked Eggs with Shaved Asparagus and Proscuitto by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Spinach and Cheddar Quiche for St. Patrick’s Day Brunch by Supper For A Steal
- Asparagus and Spring Onion Frittatta by Country Girl in the Village
- Egg Bake with Spring Onions, Asparagus and Artichokes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Apps, Bread, Salads, Soups and Dressings:
- Strawberry, Avocado, Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette by Daily Dish Recipes
- Asparagus Gazpacho by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Asparagus Red Pepper Salad by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Chicken-Strawberry Field Green Salad w/Strawberry Balsamic Dressing by The Weekend Gourmet
- Bacon & Egg Spring Salad by Daddy Knows Less
- Green Garbanzo Hummus by Soni’s Food
Main and Sides:
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta by Juanita’s Cocina
- Sweet Ginger Scallion Noodles by What Smells So Good?
- Asparagus Pesto w/Heirloom Fingerlings and Orecchiette by Webicurean
- Coddle for St. Patrick’s Day by Noshing With The Nolands
- Corned Beef Cabbage Rolls by Curious Cuisiniere
- Brown Butter Brussels Sprouts with Gruyère and Hazelnuts by Hip Foodie Mom
- Raw Cucumber Sandwich with Avocado and Spinach Sauce by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Berry Tacos by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Asparagus and Prosciutto Bundles by Diabetic Foodie
- Pink Water Kimchi (Nabak Kimchi) by Kimchi Mom
- Key Lime Cheesecake by The Foodie Army Wife
- Irish Coffee Ice Cream with Caramel Whiskey Sauce by 30A Eats
- Coconut Raspberry Layer Cake by Gotta Get Baked
- Fresh Mango Berry Mousse With Coconut Cream by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Chocolate Mint Brownies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Sorbet by Magnolia Days
- Cadbury Creme Egg Pull-Apart Sweet Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Meyer Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Candied Flowers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Lemon Citrus Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Mini Fruit Tarts by Big Bear’s Wife
- Faux Fried Ice Cream by Neighborfood
- Watergate Salad by Cupcakes and Pearls Blog
- Good-for-You Strawberry Tiramisu Cheesecake Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Wines to Pair with Springtime Dishes by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Nicole Cook is the owner/editor of Daily Dish Recipes, a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on food/cooking/cocktails and much more.
She calls the Midwest home – Missouri to be exact. Coffee is her go-to drink, music is her vice and she is endlessly tethered with devices to her online world. She loves all things planner, lives for her great big family and loves her pets endlessly!
Her motto in life: Live Simply, Dream Big, Be Grateful, Give Love, Laugh Lots. Always, always laugh lots.