Who doesn’t love Quesadilla’s? One of the things I love about them is how versatile they are. You can change the ingredients to suit anyone’s taste. Even picky eaters will eat Quesadilla’s if you put the right ingredients inside. My children all happen to love this Spicy Ranch Bacon Avocado Quesadilla, but a few don’t want the Avocado, so I just take it out for them. Voila! Easy!
Today we are celebrating #SundaySupper with Katie Workman for the second time. Last month she joined our team on twitter to have a fun, action packed hour of Q&A with Katie. So fun! We shared a whole bunch of recipes from her very awesome cookbook The Mom 100 Cookbook.
This month our challenge was a little different. We were asked to show off different versions of the last group of recipes. We were also given the option of putting our own spin on Katie’s Quesadillas or Grilled Pizza. As you can see I chose the Quesadillas and came up with a Spicy Ranch Bacon Avocado Quesadilla. It was fantastic in case you were wondering. Really. In fact, we’ve had three times since the original creation. Don’t judge. We like bacon. And Avocado. And Spicy Ranch.
Moving on, I bet you want to know how to make your own Spicy Ranch Bacon Avocado Quesadilla, right?
It’s ridiculously easy, actually.
Spicy Ranch Bacon Avocado Quesadilla
- 2 Flour Tortillas per Quesadilla
- Spicy Ranch we make our own from scratch but you can use the Spicy Ranch mix packets found in the salad dressing aisle
- 1 c. chopped or thinly sliced avocado
- 4 bacon strips cooked and cut into pieces
- 1 c. cheese we use Monterrey Jack or pepper jack for an extra kick
- cooking spray
I’ll be honest, we use our George Foreman 360 Grill because it has a Quesadilla plate and it’s easy for the kids to help. But you can do this on the stovetop.
Basically we spread a layer of spicy ranch across the top of one of the tortillas.
Add the cheese and spread it outward towards the edges but not all the way to the edge or you’ll make a huge mess when it melts.
Add the bacon pieces. I’m not gonna lie, we use a lot of bacon. I really don’t remember how many pieces we used, mostly because we cut it all up and then pile it on after it’s cut up. So I have no clue. It was at least 4 pcs. We like bacon.
Top with the avocado.
Take the other Quesadilla and spread some spicy ranch dressing on that one too. Now put the spicy ranch face down on the avocado layer.
Put the whole thing in a frying pan on the stove, use a griddle or play with the george foreman. Obviously each of these, the cooking times will differ. Mine took less than 5 minutes in the George Foreman on high.
Serve with a side of spicy ranch dipping sauce. Enjoy!
I added some chopped onion, black olives and herbs to mine, but my kids ate theirs as is. So good, so easy and one of our new favorites – our Spicy Ranch Bacon Avocado Quesadilla.
Make sure you stop by the rest of the team and check out their awesome recipes for this #SundaySupper!
- Japanese Restaurant Salad with Carrot-Ginger Dressing Shockingly Delicious @shockinglydlish
- Spicy Ranch Bacon & Avocado Quesadilla Daily Dish Recipes @nicolehcook
- Pear, Goat cheese and Pancetta Grilled Pizza MamaMommyMom @mamamommymom
- Turkey Meat Sauce @MrsMeltaway
- Lasagna with Turkey Meat Sauce GirliChef @girlichef
- Salsa Chicken Quesadilla with a homemade cilantro chimichurri Juanita’s Cocina @juanitascocina
- Individual Grilled Pizza Big Bears Wife @bigbearswife
- Beans and Cheese Quesadila with Tomato Salad Basic n Delicious @basicndelicious
- Grill Roasted Honey Ginger Chicken Are you Hungry? @redkathy
- One-Pot Arroz con Pollo – Cuban Style Comfy Cuisine @trish0605
- Sesame Noodles With Shrimp and Vegetables Magnolia Days @reneedobbs
- Fresh Mozzarella Pasta Casserole Twitter Doggie at The Dinner Table @doggieatdinner
- Arroz con Pollo Puerto Rican style Cooking by the seat of our pants @cbsop
- Rice Toppings of Garlic, Lemon, Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Summer Pineapple @mango_queen
- Pizza Quesadillas Meal Planning Magic @mealplanmom
- Sesame Noodles Cupcakes and Kale Chips @CupcakeKaleChip
- Lasagna Parcels with Turkey Meat Sauce Small Wallet Big Appetite @wallet_appetite
- Grilled Chicken Pita Sandwich Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again @shlylais
- Grilled Breakfast Pizza & Sauteed Corn & Spinach Grilled Pizza Momma’s Meals @mommasmeals
- Sauteed Corn, Spinach, Bacon and scallions! Mama’s Blissful Bites @mamapoolecooks
- Thai Style Sesame Glass Noodle My Trials in the Kitchen @seetfei
- Caramelized Onion & Flank Steak Quesadilla In The Kitchen with KP @InTheKitchenKP
- Teriyaki Skewers @realbestrecipe
- Skillet Spinach Corn with Edamame Cilantro & Bacon Bits Sue’s Nutrition Buzz @ssunithi
- Pulled Pork with Papa Mike’s Cole Slaw In the Kitchen with Audrey @audreysmamma
- Sauteed Corn, Spinach Bacon and Scallions That Skinny Chick Can Bake @thatskinnychick
- Arroz con Pollo Portuguese Style Family Foodie @familyfoodie
- Fudgy One Pot Brownies Mrs. Mama Hen @MrsMamaHen
- Simple Vanilla Cupcakes Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks @HezziD
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares Chocolate Moosey @chocolatemoosey
- Butterscotch-Bacon Apple cookies What Smells So Good? @jo_jo_ba
Wine pairing Wine Everyday @wineeveryday
We will be sharing great family recipes all afternoon and want you to share yours with us! #SundaySupper starts every week at 3:00pm EST by showcasing fabulous recipes. Follow us on twitter by using hashtag #Sundaysupper or using Tweetchat. We love to feature your recipes on our #sundaysupper pinterest board and share them with all our followers.