The colder month’s are upon us, at least here in St. Louis. We’ve dipped down into the very low 40’s already and I am not complaining. This is my favorite time of year. When Fall officially arrives in our home, we take time to slow down and spend more time together as a family. Our activities tend to slow down, so we find ourselves with a little more time to come together and even enjoy more meals together, not always on the go. I especially love food cooked low and slow during these Fall months. Food that feeds the mind, body and soul, but allows me to relax and spend time with my family and friends, but still end with a delicious, healthy and hearty meal.One of my favorite healthy proteins is lean beef, and it is perfect for low and slow cooking. Beef also partner’s perfectly with fresh veggies and whole grains, which feature prominently in today’s recipe. That makes these Slow Cooker Steak Fajita’s part of a delicious and balanced diet. That’s a win for me and my family. I love that I can toss the steak and veggies in and forget about them most of the day, but I wind up with a wonderfully flavorful, healthy dish at the end.
I love slow cooker recipes because you can truly create a nutritious and balanced meal with little effort. Just fix it and let it go all day and when dinner roll’s around, you’re already on the fast track to putting a nutritious dinner on the table in minutes. In these Slow Cooker Steak Fajita’s, beef is the star ingredient and cooking it low and slow is what makes them perfect for this time of year.
Ready to make some Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas?
Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds steak choose the cut you'd like - in the slow cooker anything goes
- 3 bell peppers sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- flour tortillas
- sour cream salsa, guacamole, black beans and rice for serving
Make a paste with the vinegar, lime juice and all of the seasonings. If it is to dry to spread, add a few drops of water until it is spreadable.
Spread the seasoning on the steak and place the steak in the slow cooker. Add a few slices of onion on top.
Allow the slow cooker to cook on high for 4 hours.
Cooking the veggies:
There are a few ways to do the veggies. You can toss them in the last hour of cooking time. Do not toss them in at the beginning or they will be mushy.
I prefer to add some minced garlic and olive oil and a bit of the fajita seasoning to a skillet on the stove and toss the veggies in over high heat until sizzling loudly and showing signs of some black.
Serve with flour tortillas, mexican rice, black beans, guacamole, sour cream and salsa.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the awesome Beef Checkoff Low and Slow Beef Recipes:
Healthy Plates with Beef
- Beef and Green Beans over Orange Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Short Ribs with Polenta and Sautéed Greens by Whole Food | Real Families
- Beer Braised Beef Brisket by Life Tastes Good
- Beef Stifado by Recipe for Perfection
- Classic Pot Roast with Lemon and Rosemary by MealDiva
- Easy Stovetop Marsala Roast Beef by Family Foodie
- Filet Mignon with Cherry Sauce by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Garlic & Herb Prime Rib with Roasted Potatoes & Beets by Momma’s Meals
- Rosemary Garlic Brisket by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sauerbraten by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Shank Cut Osso Buco by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Beef Black Bean Chili by Alida’s Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Caribbean Beef Stew by Food Done Light
- Slow Cooker Italian Beef Soup by Meal Planning Magic
- Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas by Daily Dish Recipes
- Spoon Roast with Mushrooms and Farro by Cooking Chat
- Szegediner Gulasch (German Sauerkraut Beef Goulash) by Magnolia Days
- Thai Red Curry with Beef and Butternut Squash by kimchi MOM
- Vietnamese Style Beef Stew by I’m Not the Nanny
Plus 5 Quick Side Dishes for Beef #SundaySupper with The Beef Checkoff.
Still looking for more delicious beef recipes?
Follow the Pinterest Board: Healthy Meals with Beef.
Follow Sunday Supper’s board Healthy Meals with Beef on Pinterest.
Do you want to join in on all the fun?
It isn’t too late! Come be a part of it!
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday!F We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by The Beef Checkoff in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.