Want an easy dip for just about any party? This is the Best Simple Beer Cheese Dip and it goes GREAT on so many things!
Enjoy it on game-day or any other fun gathering with all your favorite people!
Guess what? This one only has three ingredients and is so delicious!
I have a little bit of an addiction to Beer Cheese Dip. This Simple Beer Cheese Dip is absolutely amazing!
Why We Love This Recipe
- It only has three ingredients.
- It’s super easy!
- It tastes absolutely incredible!
- It is incredibly versatile – you can use it on so much.
So be sure and come back tomorrow to check for another recipe using this delicious beer dip or scroll down towards the bottom near the recipe card and you will find a link to the new recipe.
Can I Add ____ to this dip?
Ideas & Substitutions
This recipe is ridiculously simple, and can be made as is or it can be changed up to fit what you are craving at the moment.
Change to a pepper jack for a spicier beer cheese dip, or use mozzarella for a milder cheese dip. Try the dip multiple times with different cheeses!
It’s like having a dozen recipes in one!
You could also add herbs or seasonings if you wanted to make it your own as well.
What is in Beer Cheese Dip?
Bottle of Beer – choose whatever brand you like. You can see more information in the Frequently Asked Questions about what we recommend or have used.
Cream Cheese – I haven’t found a substitute for this as it changes the consistency when you don’t use it. But you can use whatever brand you’d like.
Shredded Cheese – You can use whatever kind you want. We have made this using sharp cheddar, white cheddar, colby and pepper jack but I truly believe you can use whatever kind of cheese that melts well that you enjoy.
What to Use Simple Beer Cheese Dip With
- Fresh Veggies
- Crusty Bread
- On Salads
- Mixed into Pasta
- Sandwiches or Wraps
- Over Steak or Chicken or anything really
If you’re looking for another way to use up this delicious Beer Cheese Dip, try it on these Grilled Bacon and Onion Ribeye Steak Sliders with Beer Cheese!
More Great Dip Recipes
- Easy Creamy Avocado Dip
- Garlic Parmesan Herb Dip
- Restaurant Style Garlic and Herb Bread Dipping Oil
- Baked Onion Dip (external link)
Frequently Asked Questions
Sometimes we get asked the same question multiple times and we realize that maybe we can help others by publicly presenting the information. We hope you find this useful.
Q. Can I use this beer cheese sauce for pretzels?
A. Yes absolutely. And it’s splendid on either hard or soft pretzels!
Q. What is the best beer for beer cheese dip?
A. While I truly believe that you should use what you like, I have heard that Guinness Beer is the best. We have tried and really like it!
Q. Can I use an IPA to make this Simple Beer Cheese Dip?
A. Yes, you can use the IPA of your choice to make this dip.
Q. Can I make this beer dip in the microwave/crockpot/other kitchen appliance?
A. Yes, you can adjust the process to be made in the appliance of your choice. We think the stovetop is the best result, but honestly it doesn’t really matter.
Q. Can I use this beer cheese dip for macaroni and cheese?
A. While you would need to make a bigger batch, you most definitely can and it’s DELICIOUS!
Recipe for the Best Simple Beer Cheese Dip
Printable recipe below. Recipe will print without ads.
Simple Beer Cheese Dip
- 11-12 ounces or one bottle of beer your choice
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 pound shredded cheese your choice
- In a sauce pan, bring the beer to a simmer over medium heat.
- Slice the softened cream cheese into smaller pieces and add to the beer.
- Stir for about a minute.
- Add the shredded cheese.
- Using a whisk, whisk everything until the cheese is all melted and the dip is smooth.
- Mine looked a little like soup when it was done, loose, but it thickens upon standing.
- If you want a thinner dip, add a little more beer. If you want a thicker dip, allow to cool for a few minutes before serving or use less beer.