Happy Father’s Day!
Every couple of years or so, my daughter shares her birthday with Father’s day. Today is one of those days. I have always admired my husband in his ability to make the day all about her and not himself. He’s a great husband, a great dad and he can even cook a few things. So Happy Father’s day to my awesome husband, and Happy 13th Birthday to my awesome daughter!
When I first started dating him, I knew he was the one I wanted to be with long before he might have known. He was the dad that lost sleep and went on Field trips with his daughters (he works the night shift), he waited at the bus stop every morning with his kids, he took impromptu trips with his kids for no reason other than it sounded fun and he took them out for ice cream or a treat all the time. I had never met another dad that did these things. Sure I’d see families do them. But not just a single dude with three kids. It was heartwarming.
When we finally started dating, he did these thing with my two children too. In fact, one of the first things he did, was drive me from St. Louis, Missouri all the way down to Louisiana to pick my kids up from their father’s house where they had been for 2 weeks. We all went. Him, me and his three daughter’s. It was a crazy situation but it was wonderful.
I remember thinking on that long car ride, as I barely knew him – this is the guy I want to marry. Who else would offer to drive this far in 1 day to pick up kids he didn’t even really know. Yes, he didn’t even really know my kids yet.
The first month we were together, he made these quick little treats for all of us one afternoon. Since then, we’ve made them for dozens of events and activities. They are just so yummy. Roast beef Roll Ups are so ridiculously simple, can be changed up any way you want and taste great. I don’t know who taught him how to make them, or where he came up with them, but I do know they are delicious. And honestly, I don’t know what he does to them, but they always taste better when he makes them. Maybe they are made with real love each and every time they are made.
Please be sure and check out the other great posts in today’s Father’s Day Celebration!
Father’s Day Brunch:
- Dad’s Omelette Bar Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Peanut Butter and Honey for Father’s Day Breakfast Yummy Smells
- Healthy French Toast In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Paska Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Dad’s Favorite Soup, Salads and Bread:
- Phil’s Pasta Tuna Salad The Watering Mouth
- Roasted Beet Soup Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Dad’s Cornbread Magnolia Days
Father’s Day Favorite Main Dishes:
- Greek Burger Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Dad’s Favorite Roast Beef Mrs. Mama Hen
- Sonoran Hot Dogs Damn Delicious
- Bacon Stuffed Jucy Lucy Burger Are you Hungry?
- Spicy Roasted Salmon in Coconut Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Dad’s Pride-of-Mobile Fried Oysters Pescetarian Journal
- Smoked Baby Back Ribs Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Grilled Pork Chops with Tarragon Butter Tora’s Real Food
- Beef Tongue in Tomato Sauce Basic and Delicious
- Bibim naeng myun Kimchi Mom
- Chicken Biryani Soni’s Food for Thought
- Brown Rice and Black Beans Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Bacon Recipes for Dad Momma Cuisine
- Curry Fish with Mixed Vegetables MyTrials in the Kitchen
- Roast Beef Roll Ups Daily Dish Recipes (this recipe)
Dad’s Sweet Tooth:
- Bread and Butter Pudding Cositas Bonitas
- Tin Roof Sundae Ice Cream famfriendsfood
- Coconut Cream Pudding Chocolate Moosey
- Black Forest Cheesecake Cravings of a Lunatic
- Macadamia Nut Cookies Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Peach Cobbler Bars Juanita’s Cocina
- Iced Cookie Bars That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Wine Pairings for Father’s Day ENOFYLZ