This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SunsOutSpoonsOut #CollectiveBias
I don’t know how hot it is where you are, but here in St. Louis, it’s been HOT. Our humidity is what does us in, because even on a not so hot day, that humidity makes it feel quite a bit hotter. When it gets hot, our family turns to ice cream to cool off. There is nothing like creamy Blue Bell ice cream and with so many flavors it is easy to find something for everyone.We make up this fun frozen treat for almost every event that occurs during the summer. It is especially appreciated at BBQs and kids and adults both love it. While we switch the flavors of ice cream up, and the flavored gelatin used, we chose Blue Bunny Toasted Almond Fudge ice cream for the bottom layer, and we went with a Blue Bunny homemade vanilla ice cream and raspberry gelatin for the top layer. You can add any type of fruit you want to add, but we added raspberries to add to the already raspberry flavor.You can find Blue Bunny’s Toasted Almond Fudge and Homemade Vanilla ice cream, as well as dozens of other amazing flavors at Walmart in the frozen section right by Novelty Ice Cream. Over the 4th of July weekend, I was able to attend a fun Blue Bunny demo at Walmart. She made ice cream sandwiches with Blue Bunny Chocolate Mint Ice Cream and Chips Ahoy Chocolate Chip Cookies. They were delicious and once she got set up and going, there was a line that wrapped around the aisle! haha Since this demo is over, you can find one near you for this weekend, July 9-12, 2015. Here is a list of participating Walmart’s.
Raspberry Toasted Almond Fudge Bars with Blue Bunny Ice Cream
- 3 cups of Blue Bunny Toasted Almond Fudge Ice Cream
- 3 oz. pkg. unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups of Blue Bunny Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- 3 oz pkg. Raspberry Flavored Gelatin
- 2 cups of fresh, or frozen raspberries
- In a mixer, combine Blue Bunny Toasted Almond Fudge Ice Cream with 3 ounces of unflavored gelatin. Mix well. Press into the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan. I use a metal pan because it freezes quicker. If you want to, you can add extra almonds or chocolate chips while mixing to add a little more.
- Place in freezer for 1 hour to freeze.
- While that pan is freezing, using a mixer, mix the vanilla ice cream with the packet of raspberry gelatin.
- Add the fresh or frozen raspberries and blend. Allow to sit and soften or come to room temperature (makes it easier to spread)
- Once softened enough, spread on top of frozen layer of Toasted Almond Fudge and return it all to the freezer for 2 hours.
- Top with more toasted almonds and slice into squares. Serve.
I shared my favorite Blue Bunny flavors and a fun dessert with you. In the comments, tell me what your favorite Blue Bunny flavor is and what your favorite ice cream dessert is.