Oh lordy. These were good. These were REALLY good.
Like, slap your momma good. Well, don’t really slap your momma, because that’s not very nice, but they are good and I really don’t know any other way to say it.
The idea of these little bacon-ey, ranch-ey gems came from Campbell’s Kitchen but trust me when I say that in my kitchen, they took on a life of their own as most things do. We’ve made them a handful of a times, and each time we try something different. We did make them the original way the first time, but I like the flavor of everything combined so that’s what we do now. We also add garlic.
Our creation is so easy, and so lovely for a special Valentine’s Appetizer or even just a snack.
Also when cutting the dough, you could use a heart cookie cutter rather than a pizza cutter to cut squares like we did. I really wish we had thought of that before we made the batch for these photos. They’d be super cute heart shaped.
Doesn’t really matter what shape they are, they are pop in your mouth fantastic. We usually have to make a double batch NOT just because we’re a big family, but because we can’t stop eating them.
Happy Valentine’s Day to you and yours. Don’t forget, it’s a day for loving others – not just some significant other – it’s a day for loving all those close to you and celebrating that relationship. That’s what we’ll be doing!
Ranch, Bacon and Cheese Pastry Puffs
- 1 package of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets thawed
- 1 cup finely shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 2 tabelsppons of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh green onions
Heat your oven to 400°F.
Unroll 1 of the pastry sheets on a lightly floured flat surface. Use a rolling pin, roll the pastry sheet out into a large 12 x 12 inch square. You need to make them at least 2" squares - so you'll wind up with 36 squares from one sheet. Trust me, don't make them too small or they won't be able to hold the yummy topping.
Now repeat with the 2nd pastry sheet. You will wind up with 72 total squares.
I cut mine directly on the baking sheet so I don't have to transfer anything, but if you don't, transfer them to a baking sheet now.
Bake them for 8 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. I did not follow the original directions from this point on. I popped any of the pastries that had a bubble on top.
Next, in a food processor, I blended the ranch dressing, 1/2 cup of the cheese, the bacon, minced garlic and the green onions, until it was all mixed up. Just for the record, at this point, it makes fantastic dip - like for crackers, veggies, etc. AMAZING. We serve it with bread slices.
Once you have everything mixed up, spoon about a 1/2 teaspoon onto each pastry. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
Return to the oven and bake an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Serve on a large platter, but I will warn you - they go fast!
Check out the other great recipes for Valentine’s Day!
#SundaySupper Valentine’s Day Breakfasts, Apps & Main Dishes:
- Asparagus, Clam & Bay Shrimp Pasta from Galactopdx
- Bacon Double Cheese Burger Bites from In the Kitchen with KP
- Cheese Stuffed Cannelloni from Curious Cuisiniere
- Garlic Shrimp Bruschetta from MarocMama
- Green Olive, Goat Cheese & Basil Crostini from Hip Foodie Mom
- Indian Shrimp Pulao from Soni’s Food
- Individual Beef “Phyll-ingtons” from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ranch, Bacon and Cheese Crisps from Daily Dish Recipes
- Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Frosting from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Rissóis de Camarão | Portuguese Shrimp Dumplings from Family Foodie
- Spicy Red Cabbage Quiche | Veggie Quiche Recipe from
#SundaySupper Valentine’s Day Sweet Eats:
- Banana Bourbon Blondies from The Messy Baker
- Banana Cream Napoleon from Food Lust People Love
- Brown Butter M&M Cookies from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Brown Butter Rolo Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies from Damn Delicious
- Chocolate Baumkuchen from Webicurean
- Chocolate Bread Pudding from La Cocina de Leslie
- Chocolate Chip Banana Cake with Banana Cream from The Lovely Pantry
- Chocolate Covered Bacon from I Run For Wine
- Chocolate Covered Stuffed Strawberries from Country Girl in the Village
- Chocolate Mousse from Mom, What’s For Dinner?
- Chocolate Roll filled with Nutella Cream from Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Velvet Ice Cream with Cherry Sauce from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Cinnamon Sugar Tortillas with Chocolate Sauce from The Roxx Box
- Coconut Sweetheart Cookies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Coeur a la Creme from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cream Cheese Mints from Simply Gourmet
- Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Mousse with Coconut Cream from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Torte from
- #GlutenFree Chocolate Almond Cloudless Cake from Cooking Underwriter
- Heart Shaped White Chocolate Cakes with Raspberry Cream from Noshing with the Nolands
- Homemade Cherry Mash Candies from Juanita’s Cocina
- Maple-Date Bars from Diabetic Foodie
- Meyer Lemon Marmalade from Shockingly Delicious
- Mini Samoa Bundt Cakes from Ruffles & Truffles
- Molten Chocolate Lava Cake from Gotta Get Baked
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes from
- Pistachio and Chocolate Souffle from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Raspberry Custard Tart from Kudos Kitchen
- Raw Fudge Love from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Red Velvet French Macarons with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Red Velvet Ice Cream Sandwiches from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies from Magnolia Days
- Red Velvet Sugar Cookie Bars from Chocolate Moosey
- Red Wine Cupcakes with Mascarpone Frosting from The Urban Mrs.
- Strawberry Shortcake! from The Foodie Army Wife
- Strawberry Valentine Cake Hearts from
- Tres Leches Tea Cakes with Honey Riesling Soaked Fruit from Neighborfood
- Valentine’s Bakewell Tarts from Happy Baking Days
- Valentines Chocolate Apples from Big Bear’s Wife
#SundaySupper Valentine’s Day Drinks:
- Blood Orange Vodka Martinis from
- Bloody Raspberry Cocktail from
- Strawberry Gin Fizz from girlichef
#SundaySupper Valentine’s Day Tablescape: A Romantic Table For Two Please fromAn Appealing Plan
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday, February 10th to talk all about Valentine’s eats and treats! We’ll tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos!