Creamy, puffy, flaky bites of tender goodness make these Ranch Bacon and Cheese Pastry Puffs the perfect appetizer recipe for any get together. Enjoy them for Valentine’s Day or any day!
Oh lordy. These were good. These were REALLY good.
Like, slap your momma good. Well, don’t really slap your momma, because that’s not very nice, but they are good and I really don’t know any other way to say it. Ranch Bacon and Cheese Pastry Puffs are the bomb dot com.
The idea of these little bacon-ey, ranch-ey gems came from Campbell’s Kitchen but trust me when I say that in my kitchen, they took on a life of their own as most things do. We’ve made Ranch Bacon and Cheese Pastry Puffs a handful of a times, and each time we try something different. We did make them the original way the first time, but I like the flavor of everything combined so that’s what we do now. We also add garlic.
Our Ranch Bacon and Cheese Pastry Puffs are so easy, and so lovely for a special Valentine’s Appetizer or even just a snack.
Have some fun with Ranch Bacon and Cheese Pastry Puffs
When cutting the dough, you could use a heart cookie cutter rather than a pizza cutter to cut squares like we did. In fact, you could do these for lots of holidays by changing cooking cutters. I really wish we had thought of that before we made the batch for these photos. They’d be super cute heart shaped. (update: We’ve made these for several holidays now, using different cooking cutters and they are excellent!
Doesn’t really matter what shape they are, these Ranch Bacon and Cheese Pastry Puffs are pop in your mouth fantastic. We usually have to make a double batch NOT just because we’re a big family, but because we can’t stop eating them.
Happy Valentine’s Day to you and yours. Don’t forget, it’s a day for loving others – not just some significant other – it’s a day for loving all those close to you and celebrating that relationship. That’s what we’ll be doing!
Check out the other great recipes for Valentine’s Day!
Valentine’s Day Breakfasts, Apps & Main Dishes:
- Asparagus, Clam & Bay Shrimp Pasta from Galactopdx
- Bacon Double Cheese Burger Bites from In the Kitchen with KP
- Cheese Stuffed Cannelloni from Curious Cuisiniere
- Green Olive, Goat Cheese & Basil Crostini from Hip Foodie Mom
- Indian Shrimp Pulao from Soni’s Food
- Individual Beef “Phyll-ingtons” from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ranch, Bacon and Cheese Crisps from Daily Dish Recipes
- Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Frosting from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Rissóis de Camarão | Portuguese Shrimp Dumplings from Family Foodie
Valentine’s Day Sweet Eats:
- Banana Bourbon Blondies from The Messy Baker
- Banana Cream Napoleon from Food Lust People Love
- Brown Butter M&M Cookies from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Brown Butter Rolo Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies from Damn Delicious
- Chocolate Baumkuchen from Webicurean
- Chocolate Bread Pudding from La Cocina de Leslie
- Chocolate Chip Banana Cake with Banana Cream from The Lovely Pantry
- Chocolate Covered Bacon from I Run For Wine
- Chocolate Covered Stuffed Strawberries from Country Girl in the Village
- Chocolate Mousse from Mom, What’s For Dinner?
- Chocolate Roll filled with Nutella Cream from Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Velvet Ice Cream with Cherry Sauce from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Cinnamon Sugar Tortillas with Chocolate Sauce from The Roxx Box
- Coconut Sweetheart Cookies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Coeur a la Creme from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cream Cheese Mints from Simply Gourmet
- Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Mousse with Coconut Cream from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- #GlutenFree Chocolate Almond Cloudless Cake from Cooking Underwriter
- Heart Shaped White Chocolate Cakes with Raspberry Cream from Noshing with the Nolands
- Homemade Cherry Mash Candies from Juanita’s Cocina
- Maple-Date Bars from Diabetic Foodie
- Meyer Lemon Marmalade from Shockingly Delicious
- Mini Samoa Bundt Cakes from Ruffles & Truffles
- Molten Chocolate Lava Cake from Gotta Get Baked
- Raspberry Custard Tart from Kudos Kitchen
- Raw Fudge Love from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Red Velvet French Macarons with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Red Velvet Ice Cream Sandwiches from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies from Magnolia Days
- Red Velvet Sugar Cookie Bars from Chocolate Moosey
- Red Wine Cupcakes with Mascarpone Frosting from The Urban Mrs.
- Strawberry Shortcake! from The Foodie Army Wife
- Tres Leches Tea Cakes with Honey Riesling Soaked Fruit from Neighborfood
- Valentine’s Bakewell Tarts from Happy Baking Days
- Valentines Chocolate Apples from Big Bear’s Wife
Valentine’s Day Drinks:
- Strawberry Gin Fizz from girlichef
Valentine’s Day Tablescape: A Romantic Table For Two Please from An Appealing Plan