Poached Eggs with Curry Butter are a delicious way to start the day. Yes, loads of butter, but you can drain it off, the flavor is incredible!
Who doesn’t love eggs? I love eggs pretty much anyway I can get them. Serve the eggs with something as decadent and wonderful as Curry butter and I’m sold. Have I ever told you how much I love curry anything? These Poached Eggs with Curry Butter were the answer to a question I didn’t know I had until the first bite. OMG!
I use curry on Curry Movie Popcorn and Curry Deviled Eggs. Both of those recipes also came from a Secret Recipe Club blog. Crazy, I know. After a December hiatus, it’s time once again for Group A’s reveal for the Secret Recipe Club. My assignment this month was Sustainable Cooking for One, a blog owned and written by Stephanie. Her blog has a strong focus on in-season and local foods and she works hard to adapt recipes to serving one person. Armed with a long list of ideas, it was an easy choice for these Poached Eggs with Curry Butter.
This was an interesting challenge for me, because I have to feed seven daily. I won’t lie, I went into this with a bit of worry and trepidation. However, it was quickly put to rest as I browsed through her wonderful list of recipes, with which she even provides a recipe allergen chart. I loved that, simply because while we don’t have any food allergies in our immediate family, I do have several friends and family with food allergies.
By the time I was done browsing her recipe index, I had a huge list of recipes that I was interested in. I had no idea what to pick. It was only after wondering what to have for breakfast one morning about a week after I got my assignment, that I decided that the recipe for these Poached Egg was the one. Also up on Stephanie’s blog and on my list was, Cowboy Cornbread and Black Olive and Artichoke Pizza. So, Poached Eggs with Curry Butter it was.
But alas my need for a good breakfast won out on this challenge and I’m really glad it did. That morning, there was only 4 of us home so when making it,
I adapted it for 4 people. I was surprised by how much my picky teenagers loved it too, but then they are getting more and more used to curry since I use it so much. Poached eggs are poached eggs but topped with this savory, spiced curry butter sauce… I could have eaten 5 more all drenched in the buttery, slightly tangy goodness.
Thank you so much Stephanie, these Poached Eggs with Curry Butter are a definite keeper!
Poached Eggs with Curry Butter
adapted from Sustainable Cooking for One.
Poached Eggs with Curry Butter
- 8 eggs
- 1 stick of butter, sliced
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3-4 small slices of fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice or to taste
- pepper, if desired
- Poach your eggs. Two per person.
- In a small saucepan, melt the sliced stick of butter over low heat.
- Add the slices of fresh ginger and the minced garlic. Stir, and then add the curry powder.
- After 30-45 seconds, remove the saucepan from the heat. Do not allow the garlic or the spices to brown.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- When the eggs are all poached, rest them on an English Muffin and then pour the butter carefully over each set of eggs equally, allowing the spices, ginger and garlic to remain behind in the pan if you prefer.
- Top with some pepper if desired. Serve hot. Delicious!