I feel like I start every post off lately with “The Holidays are upon us…”. Yeah, yeah we all know, Nicole. Just get to the point. Just tell us about the Kalamata Olive and Brie Bites.
Yeah, so I figured I’ll just get to the point and not wait.
So what’s the point?
Mezzetta Olives are the point. And what an incredibly delicious point they make. To any dish, recipe or even just all by their lonesome selves. I may or may not open the fridge several times to extract an olive out of the jar and pop it into my mouth. Ok, so I do. But don’t tell anyone.
My olive preference tends to lie with Mezzetta. They are full of flavor, very savory and my favorites are the Mezzetta Bleu Cheese Stuffed Olives, though I actually just love olives, so I really love them all.
These Kalamata Olive and Brie Bites are made better because of Mezzetta, and I strongly urge you when making these, to use Mezzetta olives. Not that the recipe isn’t tasty with anything else, but because the true flavor as it’s supposed to be, is brought out when you use these Mezzetta Kalamata Olives. We make these for almost any get together that warrants appetizers and really, what get together doesn’t warrant appetizers? But most especially holiday time.
Mezzetta has a huge array of other products that can and will make your recipes SO much better and take them to the next level.
Family owned since 1935, the fourth generation of Mezzetta family is continuing the commitment to bring our customers the highest quality foods available. We source the finest fresh produce from the sun-drenched soils of California, Italy, Spain, France, and Greece and prepare them according to our Italian family recipes at our state-of-the-art production facility in the Napa Valley. Inspiration is just a twist away!
The Holiday Memories Sweepstakes
Ready to win some great prizes courtesty of Mezzetta?
• Grand Prize (1) – Instant Print Digital Camera plus a Ultimate Olive Lover’s Gift Basket including Mezzetta Olives, Olive Spoon, Cutting Board, Olive Bowl, Cocktail Napkins and Recipe Card.
• Runner Up Prizes (10) – Ultimate Olive Lover’s Gift Basket including Mezzetta Olives, Olive Spoon, Cutting Board, Olive Bowl, Cocktail Napkins and Recipe Card.
Sweepstakes ends: December 31. Winners Chosen at Random. Winner will be notified by Mezzetta and will receive prize within 2 weeks, prize shipped by brand.
In the meantime…
Let’s make these Kalamata Olive and Brie Bites!
Kalamata Olive and Brie Bites
- 1 loaf of crusty French or Italian bread, sliced
- 1 whole garlic, roasted
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 round of Brie cheese
- 1 cup Mezzetta Kalamata Olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the rind off the Brie by slicing as close to the edge as you can (trying to only remove the rind and not the precious cheese!). Discard the rind. Slice the Brie cheese thinly so it can be layered on the bread if it's too small to cover it. Set aside.
- Mash up the roasted garlic cloves from the garlic and add a tablespoon of EVOO making it spreadable.
- Thinly but evenly spread your garlic and olive oil over each slice of bread.
- Place the sliced bread on a baking sheet.
- Place the slices of brie on top of the olive oil/garlic on the bread. You can layer the sliced Brie if you want the whole bread covered in Brie or if your pieces are too small.
- Sprinkle the chopped Kalamata Olives over the top of the sliced Brie cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 5 minutes or until Brie is melted (watch carefully so it doesn't burn).
- Remove from oven and transfer bread slices to a serving platter.
- Sprinkle the tops with finely chopped parsley (or oregano or basil).
- Serve immediately.