Give Me Five back to school memories.
1. New school supplies. I don’t know why, but there was nothing better than brand new pens and notebooks for me. I loved it.
2. A new outfit for the first day of school, which often doubled as the “special outfit” for picture day. I don’t even like shopping for clothes, but I loved that one special outfit for the first day.
3. Seeing my friends again after the long summer. Probably my favorite part of school – socializing. Shhh…. don’t tell my kids.
4. Being able to see favorite prior-year teacher’s again. Yes, I’m that girl. I loved going back and visiting old teachers I had a connection with, and the first week of school I did it all the time.
5. Photos on the first day. I have done this with my own kids too. I didn’t like it a whole lot when it was happening, but now I look back and it makes me smile to think that my mom went out of her way to get great photos of me on every first day of school. I love being able to see the new outfits, shoes, backpacks and lunch boxes. So fun!
If you participate in the Give Me Five Monday – leave a comment and I’ll come by and take a peek!!