Welcome to Day 10 of the 12 Days of Sweet Eats and Holiday Treats Link Up!
It’s Day 10 and we are in the final week of our 12 Days of Sweet Eats and Holiday Treats. I have just loved all of the delicious treats that have been passed around in the link up and that continue to get added every day, and my co-hosts have been whipping up great recipes and this has been so much fun so far. I do hope you will link up your favorite Holiday Treats, Crafts, Decorations or DIY Holiday projects to the party. There are really no rules, would just be nice if you stopped by and visited the other hosts too.
They have awesome treats in store for you as well!
- Micha from Cooking Mimi
- Pam from Blueberries and Blessings
It might be cold out there, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a little ice cream and a fun holiday treat, all wrapped up into these Gingerbread Milkshakes.
I cannot even tell you how delicious these are.
Full of deep rich flavor and topped with whipped cream and cinnamon, you’ll be glad you tried them.
Gingerbread Milkshakes are perfect for any holiday gathering to serve up some seasonal flavor and enjoy a delicious, cold treat.
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ounces skim milk
- 14 ounces low fat french vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Cinnamon for Garnish
- In a large saucepan (to prevent bubbling over), mix the water, sugar, ginger, vanilla and cinnamon together.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, and then reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the gingerbread syrup into a jar with a lid the extra can be stored in.
- In a blender, blend the ice cream and milk, with about 1-2 Tablespoons of the gingerbread syrup. If desired, add more, blend well.
- Blend 1 1/2 ounces of the gingerbread syrup, the milk and ice cream.
- Garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon.
Don’t forget to link up your own fun Sweet Eats and Holiday Treats. Anything goes… share holiday decorations, projects, crafts, DIY and of course, recipes. Link up below and be sure to check back tomorrow for another fabulous holiday recipe. Also please don’t forget to go check out Pam and Micha too!