Gifts in a Jar
For years some of my families members have been exchanging food gifts and homemade candies and cookies and of course, gifts in a jar. It all started when I was a teenager and a friend gave me cookies (mix) in a jar and I thought it was so genius. I was immediately compelled to discover other gifts in a jar. Along the way I have found soups, cookies, cakes, pasta and drink mixes that can all be placed in a jar, tied with a pretty ribbon and instructions on how to make the recipe. I love giving them and I love getting them.
Gingerbread Spice Mocha Coffee Mix
A delicious blend of coffee, chocolate and gingerbread spices blend to create a delectable, creamy coffee treat. Tastes just like Christmas in a mug. You can either layer the ingredients and have the recipient shake it all up when they are ready to use, or you can shake it all up for them and give it that way. The photo at the top shows the ingredients layered, the one below this shows the ingredients all mixed up. When I make this, I usually add it to an already brewed cup of coffee, but it does already have coffee in it. Also, I choose to use cocoa powder because I like the deeper chocolate flavor and I think it tastes better. If you use cocoa powder like I do, rather than hot cocoa mix (for hot chocolate with sugar already in it) you may want to either increase the sugar in the recipe to 1 cup OR just add directions on the tag that tell the recipient to add their own sweetener. Either way this is absolutely fantastic and makes a great gift!
I cannot wait to show you what the talented #SundaySupper group has put together this week. They have 50 gorgeous Holiday Gifts from the Kitchen to share with you this week. These gifts are not only made with love but guaranteed to put a smile on that special person’s face.
Check out this amazing selection of breads, drinks, condiments, snacks, and desserts that will be coming your way during our Holiday Gifts from the Kitchen Sunday Supper. From all of us to all of you.
HOLIDAY GIFTS FROM THE KITCHEN #SUNDAYSUPPER:
Breads / Breakfast
- Pumpkin Biscoff Bread – Dinners, Dishes, and Dessert
- All-in-One Beer Bread Kit – girlichef
- Banana Coconut Coffee Cake with Macadamia Nut Streusel – The Lovely Pantry
- Pancake Mix With Apple Cider Syrup and Candied Walnuts – Tora’s Real Food
- Cranberry Hootycreeks – Baker Street
Condiments / Ingredients
- Apple Butter – Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Cranberry Strawberry Jam –
- Herb Vinegars – Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Harissa – The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Homemade Vanilla Extract – Flour on my Face
- Homemade Cherry Extract – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Nutella Powder – I Run For Wine
- Apricot Pineapple Rum Sauce – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Spiced Cranberry Apricot Almond Chutney – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Pumpkin Butter – Family Foodie
Soup and Snacks
- A Soup For You – Momma’s Meals
- Maple Nut Granola – Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Sweet and Spicy Curried Nuts – Soni’s Food for Thought
- Roasted Spiced Nuts – Mrs Mama Hen
- Sweet and Spicy Pecans – Supper For a Steal
- Maple Pumpkin Spice Granola Bars – Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Orange Spiced Chickpeas – Home Cooking Memories
- Turtle Pretzels – The Messy Baker
- Rocky Road Candy – Magnolia Days
- Dairyfree Vegan Caramels – Galactosemia in PDX
- Peanut Butter Cookies in a Jar – Mama’s Blissful Bites
- M&M Cookies in a Jar – Damn Delicious
- Monster Cookie Mix in a Jar – What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Biscotti – Meal Planning Magic
- Snickerdoodle Snack Mix – Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Butter and Jam Thumbprint Cookies –
- Peppermint Stick Cookie Truffles – The Weekend Gourmet
- Nutella Truffles – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Peanut Cajetas (Peanut Fudge) – Basic and Delicious
- Cookie Cutter Fudge – Chocolate Moosey
- Pumpkin Roll – Shockingly Delicious
- Homemade Chocolates – My Trials in the Kitchen
- Hot Chocolate on a Stick – Juanita’s Cocina
- Chocolate Toffee “Crack” – Ruffles and Truffles
- Holiday Tree Cake – Noshing with the Nolands
- Salted Caramel Cookies –
- Fruit and Nut Cookies – In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Applepie Moonshine – My Catholic Kitchen
- Holiday Spiced Mocha – Daily Dish Recipes
- Homemade Peppermint Mocha Mix – In the Kitchen with KP
- Homemade Kahlua – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Please join on us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper on November 11. In the evening we will meet at 7pm EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat.
All you have to do is follow thehashtag or you can follow us through TweetChat.
We’d also love to feature your recipes for Holiday Gifts From the Kitchen on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board to share them with all of our followers, too.