I love the idea of Almost Homemade Thin Mint Cookies! You?
It’s time once again for the Secret Recipe Club reveal. My December blog brought me loads of choices, but I settled for easy one afternoon after the kids came home from school with friends in tow.
My blog assignment for December was My Hobbie Lobbie. Her Recipe Index is overloaded with some amazing recipes, and I bookmarked several to try!
A few favorites were her Homemade Nachos, Stuffed Peppers with Bacon (this was almost my SRC pick!), Baked Cauliflower Poppers, Coconut Pancakes and Chocolate Pistachio Fudge.
In the end, these super easy thin mint cookies, won out because they were easy (keyword!), I had all ingredients on hand and I needed something sweet and fun to serve a bunch of teenagers.
For the record, I actually made 3 batches and they were ALL gone!
They are very addictive, taste great and honestly taste a lot LIKE the popular once a year cookie!
Ready to make some Almost Homemade Thin Mint Cookies?
Recipe for Homemade Thin Mints
Easy Almost Homemade Thin Mint Cookies
- 4 ounces of quality dark chocolate
- 2-3 drops of peppermint extract to taste – add to, and test
- 12 circle butter crackers
- Using a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate until smooth.
- Add a drop or two of peppermint extract, stir well and taste.
- If it needs a little more mint, add a drop at a time stirring between each addition until you get the desired taste.
- Dip the crackers in the melted chocolate, allow the excess chocolate to drip off. I used a mini pair of tongs for this process.
- Place on a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper and refrigerate for about 20 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- For the record, much like REAL thin mints, these are absolutely awesome COLD!