I actually love making my own natural beauty products. Especially if they involve coconut oil, which is truly a favorite of mine. This DIY Homemade Sugar Lip Scrub is super easy, takes less than 5 minutes or so and works really well!
In the cooler months of the year, I battle chapped, dry lips and it’s a constant struggle to keep them soft and moisturized. However I have pretty dry skin, so the same problem can occur in the summer, especially when I’m out in the sun a lot.
Here we are. Summer months have arrived and are for soft smooth skin and we probably don’t naturally think of our lips when we think that way. But we should. Who wants to kiss someone with lizard lips. Dry cracked lips are no fun.
I love this DIY Homemade Sugar Lip Scrub and use it on a daily basis. I don’t remember where I first heard about it, but it’s so easy anyone can do it. I’ve been doing it for years, even before coconut oil become a huge thing. When you have dry skin as bad as I do, you will use anything to make it silk soft and moisurized.
I have an awesome DIY all natural Lip Gloss tutorial coming soon, but in the meantime, get your lips ready with this and then moisturize them well with whatever you usually use.
DIY Homemade Sugar Lip Scrub
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil melted
- In a small bowl, mix everything together well. If you want to add more of one of the items to get a consistency you're comfortable with, go right ahead. Pour into plastic cosmetic containers with lids.
- Apply to lips, face or dry spot and massage for about 15-20 seconds. Use a damp (not wet) cloth to wipe off and then moisturize with your usual moisturizing product.
- Use to exfoliate your lips, face, dry spots, etc. It will remove dry or dead skin and it's all natural. I go through about one tiny container a week in the summer, but in the winter months, I use it more frequently so maybe two containers a week.
I have been using this for the last couple of years, because I love that it actually works and it’s natural and I always have these items on hand. It tastes so good, you’ll want to lick it off, and I guess technically you could, but I wouldn’t recommend it.